News Forum - 7 monks receive suspended jail term, 10,000 baht fine from Chiang Mai court

Thaiger

Just now, Jason said:

It's the same for many religious people.... many do so much good in the world. Some do so much damage! But I think it's never right to "tar everyone with the same brush". The actions of a few, shouldn't be the end of so many who do so much good and devote their lives to the service of others....

And I suppose your next post will be a variation on the previous two, just different.😄

On 8/31/2021 at 3:40 PM, Fluke said:

I do think that even Monks deserve at least one day off per week, one day where they can let their hair down and relax a bit 

Is this one on a day off, or just needs some therapy?

BuddhistMonkFlipBird.JPG.23939ffae789d3f5a51965c205fe9e9e.JPG

• Haha 1

I agree

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

But writing off all Bhuddist Monks because of the actions of a few......

As same as writing off all Catholic Priests because of the actions of a few ……..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gummy said:

And I suppose your next post will be a variation on the previous two, just different.

Maybe they are Thai (or welsh etc etc ) learning English …..

The Tinglish (Thai-English) phrase 'same same, but different' means 'similar'. While its precise origins are largely unknown, it's likely that this construction originally appeared when Thais who were learning English tried to converse with visitors.

5 hours ago, gummy said:

And if you think that there are only a few "bad apples" in the Thai Monkhood then clearly you are under a series state of delusion.

Yeah. Everyday and long time exposure and experience are your best learning tools.