News Forum - Motorbike accident victim presumed dead, actually asleep drunk

Thaiger

Rescue workers arrived to an all-too-familiar scene: an accident with a motorbike strewn across the pavement and, a bit beyond, its unfortunate rider lying motionless on the road. They assessed the accident and approached the body to conduct an examination and physical health check. But as they began, they were shocked when the man suddenly woke up. The incident took palace at 5:30 pm Wednesday on the Nong Kwae – Amata City Road in the Borwin sub-district of Si Racha, and rescue workers were startled when the man they thought must be dead or at least seriously injured was merely […]

The post Motorbike accident victim presumed dead, actually asleep drunk appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That's quite similar to what I witnessed about fifteen years ago. Two of us were on a trip from Pattaya to Udon. I had a Honda 400, my mate had a Harley.
We broke the journey and stayed overnight a house in village in Chaiyaphum.

We left early the next morning about six a.m. As we were driving out of the village, a smaller motorbike appeared coming from the opposite direction towards us.
As the rider passed us he wobbled, the bike hit the ground and the driver was catapulted into the ditch. We both stopped and went to see if the guy was still alive.
Just as we were looking into the ditch, someone else came past and also stopped. The three of us went into the ditch to hear the 'casualty' snoring.
The Thai guy with us just laughed and said the 'causality' always went out drinking at night and drove home drunk in the morning.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the accident

First accident report that did not involve covid in many a month. Though are the accident tolls still out stripping the accidents in Thailand this year? Some honest reporting still needs to occur.  ….  The bleeds it leads maybe is not a thing any more. Though last time I wrote this I got a strike.

• Haha 1