Thailand put on Red List

gummy

The UK has now put Thailand on the red list for travel. Not looking too good for the dream of opening up is it until they get the vaccination coverage distributed more fairly. They have started ramping up, too late of course but the momentum must accelarate fairly across the country in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, gummy said:

The UK has now put Thailand on the red list for travel. Not looking too good for the dream of opening up is it until they get the vaccination coverage distributed more fairly. They have started ramping up, too late of course but the momentum must accelarate fairly across the country in my opinion.

I'll have you know Sir I have already started a thread on this!

However it was amazing they didn't go red last month - Thailand is running at just 8% vaccinated and over 20,000 a day new cases (the limit for a 70m population is 14,000 before going red)

So the poor UK souls in Thailand on holiday now have 72 hours to get back or face a £2280 EACH quarantine bill ! One major cluster f*** here and I really can't see Thailand slipping back to amber anytime soon with the clueless in charge !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rain said:

OOHHHHHHH!!! SHHHIIITTE

The dreaded RED LIST!!!!!!!! 

We're doomed.

It matters a lot if you want to travel. The logistics of travelling from a 'Red' country are horrific.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It matters a lot if you want to travel. The logistics of travelling from a 'Red' country are horrific.

Well, don't travel to/fro a Red country. Anxiety resolved. 

It'll all pass.....jai yen.

Will there be an exodus of Brits from the sandbox?, Doesn't it come into effect from this Monday 4am.

Maybe the wealthy ones won't give a toss about the hotel quaranteen fees..... 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

However it was amazing they didn't go red last month - Thailand is running at just 8% vaccinated and over 20,000 a day new cases (the limit for a 70m population is 14,000 before going red)

So the poor UK souls in Thailand on holiday now have 72 hours to get back or face a £2280 EACH quarantine bill ! One major cluster f*** here and I really can't see Thailand slipping back to amber anytime soon with the clueless in charge !

Apologies I didn't notice your thread. I am surprised it was not put on the red list 2 months ago when even the governments own figures, for what they are worth, indicted that the spread was out of control.  Now let's hope that the vaccinations that have accelerated for foreigners across the country are replicated by an acceleration across the country for all Thais, rather than those "special" places where no doubt "influence" is brought to bear for purely financial gain.

Mobile vaccination units are a great idea,they could reach deep into the more secluded areas to make sure more of the population get jabs. It could be done and very efficiently with a bit of forward planning. Using a large double deck coach would be useful using wi-fi to check paperwork ,use lower deck for old infirm people,upper for younger. Some people just don't have transport or to frail to travel long distances.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Yup, following on from the whole EU last month. Just to show they could individually carry on a little longer after Brexit 😂

• Haha 1

So going and coming back here would cost about 3k quid in hotel stays then plus covid tests 🤪 Should make exceptions for people already on holiday already.

8 minutes ago, thai3 said:

So going and coming back here would cost about 3k quid in hotel stays then plus covid tests 🤪 Should make exceptions for people already on holiday already.

Would be nice for the individual, but that's the risk of traveling in uncertain times. People are sufficiently warned that the rules can change anytime.

If you want to stop a leak, can't use a sieve.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thai3 said:

Should but won’t - £2280 in a bland no frills airport hotel is nothing short of a scam !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thai3 said:

I reckon it would be over 5K Sterling once you include Thai sandbox or quarantine, Thai covid tests, Thai visa and other red tape including covid insurance and, last but not least, an air ticket.

All that and 24 days stuck in hotels.