Trip to Phuket

Gibbo999

I live in Hua Hin and have now had both of my vaccines, both being Pfizer.

I have purchased a big bike from somebody in Phuket, and want to go to pick it up……to inspect and pay the cash if all is OK.

Am I allowed to visit the island by land, with proof of my vaccine status ?

Likely no.

1) You need to wait > 14 days post vaccination to visit

AND

2) You also need a proof  of residence to enter Phuket (or fit into one of a small number of categories that are allowed).

I'd suggest meet the seller on the bridge if possible, and do the deal there, if thats convenient.

Otherwise, see what the updates are on the 30th with regards to entry into Phuket.  They may change, they may not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Likely no.

AND

2) You also need a proof  of residence to enter Phuket (or fit into one of a small number of categories that are allowed).

I'd suggest meet the seller on the bridge if possible, and do the deal there, if thats convenient.

Otherwise, see what the updates are on the 30th with regards to entry into Phuket.  They may change, they may not.

Ok many thanks. My second was yesterday, so maybe wait and see. Cheers, Gibbo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Likely no.

AND

I think the latest is that one shot of Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, or AZ will suffice but your second point is spot on.

Edit: found the deets: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/phuket-announces-latest-covid-19-control-measures-for-domestic-travel-during-3-16-august-2021/

14 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I think the latest is that one shot of Pfizer, Moderna, J&J, or AZ will suffice but your second point is spot on.

Edit: found the deets: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/07/phuket-announces-latest-covid-19-control-measures-for-domestic-travel-during-3-16-august-2021/

I took a look, it says what I said?

Vaccine shot > 14 days

i.e.

– Have received 2 doses of the Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before arrival,

OR

– Have received 1 dose of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least 14 days before arrival

2 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

I took a look, it says what I said?

Vaccine shot > 14 days

i.e.

– Have received 2 doses of the Sinovac or Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before arrival,

OR

– Have received 1 dose of AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least 14 days before arrival

You said :

Likely no.

But you don't need to be fully vaccinated with the second group. @Gibbo999could go now if he could get past the requirements you mention as your second point.

I had my first shot of Pfizer over 14 days ago, so maybe this would suffice…..as well as a residents permit from immigration?

will I need to do a swab test ?

I would come to the island for a few hours, do the deal, then ride back to Hua Hin.

You got a lot of help already but I'm missing something. Even fully vaccinated (this you prove with your COVID-19 ceritifcate) you will need to provide a PCR test, I've been asking about the PCR on the Sarasin bridge but nobody can give me a conclusive answer.

33 minutes ago, Gibbo999 said:

I had my first shot of Pfizer over 14 days ago, so maybe this would suffice…..as well as a residents permit from immigration?

I would come to the island for a few hours, do the deal, then ride back to Hua Hin.

Should be good on the vax. You do need a test but only an antigen test. Here's the big catch: you're not in any of the permitted categories so you fall under the final category: "Any other cases with substantial reasons to enter Phuket, upon consideration of the officials at Phuket’s checkpoints."

Good luck.

1 minute ago, Shark said:

You got a lot of help already but I'm missing something. Even fully vaccinated (this you prove with your COVID-19 ceritifcate) you will need to provide a PCR test, I've been asking about the PCR on the Sarasin bridge but nobody can give me a conclusive answer.

PCR or Antigen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibbo999 said:

Yes, either a full RT-PCR, or an Antigen test.

I'd do the Antigen test, they're cheaper, and faster to get the results for.

• Like 1

This all looks too risky for now ! I can imagine that a ‘farang’ arriving with all the paperwork correct, test done OK and crash helmet in hand…..the answer will be “not essential, no entry “.

Think I will forget this now and wait and see if there are any revisions on the 31st.

Thanks to all for guidance and help.

• Like 2