Charlie Watts

Dedinbed

Sad news announced earlier today that ace beat keeper and original band member of the Rolling Stones , Charlie Watts has passed away aged 80 .. 

Only he , Keef Richard's and Jagger have played on all the Stones albums right back to the early 60's and he kept time in their brand of rock in his own inimitable style .. cheers Charlie for some of the most iconic rock n' roll songs of all time ..

A night down memory lane with Ruby tuesday if she'll gimme shelter is my Beggars Banquet tonight ..

IMG_20210824_190650.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Sad news announced earlier today that ace beat keeper and original band member of the Rolling Stones , Charlie Watts has passed away aged 80 .. 

Only he , Keef Richard's and Jagger have played on all the Stones albums right back to the early 60's and he kept time in their brand of rock in his own inimitable style .. cheers Charlie for some of the most iconic rock n' roll songs of all time ..

A night down memory lane with Ruby tuesday if she'll gimme shelter is my Beggars Banquet tonight ..

IMG_20210824_190650.jpg

Sad. 2021, what a shite year.

Jagger, still prancing and dancing the equivalent of a 10k run every performance.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Like 1

Always seemed to me to be the nicest guy amongst them.  The RS were great live entertainers who actually played their music - something the crap 'musicians' these days dont have and dont seem to need. 

• Like 3

I need to chime in in this one. Saw the boys back in the day and they were just made of magic. Now a piece of the magic has passed away, a very unique Worldly classy person. What a life he had!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It must be irony but how do you explain a man that embraced clean living being the first of these Rock and Roll giants (apart from Brian Jones) dying? Look at Keith Richards who snorted and shot up all sorts of white powders, chain smoked, drank like a fish, ate junk food and didn't really exercise yet still keeps powering on.

A sad loss for the music industry. Great drummer and a lovely fella. RIP Charlie.