News Forum - TAT plans to launch Chiang Mai tourism plan in October

Thaiger

Chiang Mai is getting ready to launch a “Bubble and Sealed” tourism plan where visitors can travel to 4 districts in Chiang Mai, the northern Thai province. The plan comes by way of the Tourism Authority of Thailand. The 4 districts are the Mueang District, the Mae Rim district, the Mae Taeng district, and the Doi Tao district. The opening is tentatively scheduled for October. TAT’s deputy governor for Marketing Communication, Thanet Petchsuwan, told the media that Chiang Mai is set to become the first inland province through TAT’s planned reopening of Thailand project. The Chiang Mai plan comes after […]

The post TAT plans to launch Chiang Mai tourism plan in October appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

The 4 districts are the Mueang District, the Mae Rim district, the Mae Taeng district, and the Doi Tao district. 

As far as I know, 3 of those areas were or still are Covid hotspots here. Muang district is a big area as is practically all of CM, but even now there are hot pockets of Covid in certain city areas last and this week. Latest big breakout is Chang Klang area. I really don't think CM is ready to open up to any bubble brained tourism idea, and this really is stupid as it literally is not a bubble as is all of CM city and then some. Bring in the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine and let us all jab and then ok. Until then keep the masses out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fluke said:

Then Chiang Mai will go into another lockdown by November , when the cases surge again 

CM is just barely keeping a handle on it. They do that and it will rip the virus wide open. The morons don't even man the CM checkpoint coming in, and that doesn't matter anyway because Bangkok people are just driving in on the back streets avoiding the check point. Now there are more Bangkok cars up here everywhere than you ever see. And they drive like idiots.

• Like 1

Well let's see; in Muang we have the Changklan cluster. In Mae Rim we have the Pong Yaeng cluster. In Mae Taeng we have some sort of warehouse cluster. Towards Doi Tao we have the Hot  (as in name of town and not temperature!) cluster. Not to mention that by leaving out Hang Dong, Sanpatong and Chomthong, you better not want to go to the rest room along the way!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

“Bubble and sealed”’ - don’t sound fun at all. Add in the term “travel package” and I’ll be looking elsewhere. 

Probably sponsored by the manufacturer of Bubble wrap!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Well let's see; in Muang we have the Changklan cluster. In Mae Rim we have the Pong Yaeng cluster. In Mae Taeng we have some sort of warehouse cluster. Towards Doi Tao we have the Hot  (as in name of town and not temperature!) cluster. Not to mention that by leaving out Hang Dong, Sanpatong and Chomthong, you better not want to go to the rest room along the way!

There was also I believe a San Sai and Hang Dong cluster at one time or still.

If the 'sealed route' idea means keeping people confined to a bus between 'tourist spots' it would be akin to an aged home's outing for the elderly.  No fun in that without ziplining, white water rafting and a day out at X-centre!  555

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Hangdong Moo 5 - all taped off, no one in or out !! Well that's the theory anyway!

That's about 10km's from us.  Assume it may be a new cluster among the villagers there?

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Chiang Mai is getting ready to launch a “Bubble and Sealed” tourism plan

So are they having to inoculate 70% of the Chiang Mai population like Phuket did for their Sandbox? Hotel staff to be fully vaccinated? How they going to monitor all this, as all the brown shirts must be in Bangkok cause I have not seen any working in the sois for months. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The plan comes by way of the Tourism Authority of Thailand. The 4 districts are the Mueang District, the Mae Rim district, the Mae Taeng district, and the Doi Tao district.

We recently went for a days drive around the Golden Tringle villages and all the shops and restaurants were closed and there was nothing to eat , and we were hungry .

We were just walking around an empty closed village in the heart of the golden triangle and restaurants not allowed to sell food .

And a local guy said quietly to us as we walked past .

"Steak & Chips" 

I nodded and he beckoned me to follow him , we walked down the side street and he looked behind him and we stepped into a garden out of public view , he produced a hidden menu and we all ordered a steak and chips . 

We ate , paid and then innocently stepped back out onto the streets .

I was thinking too myself , 30 years ago and people would have been doing the same thing trying to buy opium

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

That's about 10km's from us.  Assume it may be a new cluster among the villagers there?

Pity the Chiang Mai government Facebook page does not post locations & times of where infected people had traveled like on the Phuket government Facebook site.

10 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Not sure; I was assuming it was related to the Premium Outlet cluster but might be wrong.

• Like 1

CM not being an island (and even in Phuket they can't contain it), what are they going to do to limit movement to 4 areas?

Does every tourist get their own accompanying policeman 24/7? Or do they get a GPS ankle monitor? 🙄

Doomed to fail before it starts.

But never mind, they'll stop it if infections soar 👍

Oh no, surprise, they change their mind and keep going 👎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

So are they having to inoculate 70% of the Chiang Mai population like Phuket did for their Sandbox? Hotel staff to be fully vaccinated? How they going to monitor all this, as all the brown shirts must be in Bangkok cause I have not seen any working in the sois for months. 

Yeah, I bet they are planning to send them loads of the newly arrived Sinovac up our way for which I will say no thank you, and if you can read my mind then you know where you can put that. Bring on the real vaccine everyone wants first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

and if you can read my mind then you know where you can put that.

No thank you, as it will block my pipe works, and possibly my toilet too.

• Haha 1

Oh goodie. They gonna name it Charming Chiang Mai. November we can call it Canceled Loy Krathong Chiang Mai, then in January - March we can call it Choking Chiang Mai with a one day name change for the Chinese NY in February where we can call it Chop Suey Chiang Mai, then in April we can call it Covid Chiang Mai after the new water festival travel. 

• Haha 1

All the officialdom still seem to be hanging on this already proposed October theme. 

And somewhat subliminally repeated over and again.

OK. We'll see.

🤨

Well I know an Aussie who will be happy as it will mean he can use this to see his family for the first time since March 2020. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EdwardV said:

“Bubble and sealed”’ - don’t sound fun at all. Add in the term “travel package” and I’ll be looking elsewhere. 

Wouldn't be bad if they added ventilation...

f97c4f6488d9cc649fd8c9f4298d8a5f.jpg

• Haha 3