News Forum - Tuesday Covid Update: 17,165 new cases and 226 deaths

Thaiger

17,165 new Covid-19 cases and 226 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Another 20,059 patients were marked as “recovered” in the 24-hour period since the last count. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has reported a total of 1,055,088 Covid-19 cases. There are now 192,334 active Covid-19 cases in Thailand. The number has been on a downward trend over the past several days as the daily count for new recoveries has been higher than the count for new infections. Out of […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 17,165 new cases and 226 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Last night at 21:11 got my phone call for my first vaccine shot Pfizer, they said right away second shot is also Pfizer, this Thursday..    FINALLY

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

With all the cases in Thai prisons are there really any prisoners left that are covid free? So crazy how they aren't stopping it there.

Valid comment, for sure.  Overcrowded and reputedly squalid places, Thai prisons must be a nightmare to attempt any realistic Covid control. Sorry I missed your debut post, earlier, but thanks for that!

Hello, Brad and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

With all these positive tests being reported on a daily basis,  why doesn't the government report the TOTAL number of people tested in a given day?

i e.  25,000 tested,  18,150 were positive

It would be great to know the full comparisons of tested v. positive.

Edited by MahYai
Misspelling
  • Thanks 1

Current statistics show a bit of a downward trend. Hope it continues and the Thai people will soon get back to some normality (whatever that looks like being) Too many suffering at the moment.

17 hours ago, Brad said:

With all the cases in Thai prisons are there really any prisoners left that are covid free? So crazy how they aren't stopping it there.

When the delta variant began to surge in Thailand most of the new cases were in prisons.  News reports indicated   that it wasn't a problem in the general population.  It was a way to dismiss the rising numbers.  The Covid numbers in prisons are insignificant now, and I fail to see why they are still being reported.  This is typically only mentioned in Thai news.

3 hours ago, MARCO said:

Current statistics show a bit of a downward trend. Hope it continues and the Thai people will soon get back to some normality (whatever that looks like being) Too many suffering at the moment.

it's definitely a good sign. It just puzzles me how delta wreck havoc in countries like india and indonesia with a prolong period of time, even with a higher vaccination rate than Thailand. Yet Thailand can get the situation controlled at a faster rate. Can lockdowns really tame the virus? It's a game changer if that is the case.

3 hours ago, bushav8r said:

When the delta variant began to surge in Thailand most of the new cases were in prisons.  News reports indicated   that it wasn't a problem in the general population.  It was a way to dismiss the rising numbers.  The Covid numbers in prisons are insignificant now, and I fail to see why they are still being reported.  This is typically only mentioned in Thai news.

Didn't they plan to let out 30,000 or so prisoners early so that they could mingle with the population ?  Perhaps that was a factor in cases rising within the general population.

This was the early report from Bangkok Post but not sure actual numbers that were released.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2117751/govt-considers-releasing-50-000-inmates-as-covid-hits-prisons

5 hours ago, MARCO said:

Yes, but suffering from no work and no money because of lockdowns. NOT suffering from covid. Most of those ‘infected’ are asymptomatic. I’ve never heard of a pandemic where most people don’t even fall ill or suffer a mild fever at worst. The fear factor surrounding Covid which has been generated by world governments and the media is simply criminal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Yes, but suffering from no work and no money because of lockdowns. NOT suffering from covid. Most of those ‘infected’ are asymptomatic. I’ve never heard of a pandemic where most people don’t even fall ill or suffer a mild fever at worst. The fear factor surrounding Covid which has been generated by world governments and the media is simply criminal.

Yep Leeshard.  When I meant suffering it was the same as you.  Not the virus but the effects on Thai daily life.  Cheers.

• Like 1

156 new infections in Phuket,

vaccinated with Sinovac already or not ??

How many people vaccinated with Sinovac have severe or mild symptoms.

Would be great to know if Sinovac gives you some protection or not.

• Cool 1