News Forum - Koh Larn to stay closed until end of month, maybe longer

Thaiger

Ko Larn, the island off of Pattaya, will stay closed for tourism, at least until the end of the month, announced the Koh Larn Local Committee yesterday. The island was supposed to open tomorrow. The committee says boat schedules have been added for residents leaving Koh Larn at 7:30 am and getting back from Pattaya at 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Saturday and Sunday boat schedules are reserved for people who have official permission. Before yesterday’s news, the island said they were only allowing in people who had been vaccinated. Then, 6 Covid cases were discovered, says the Pattaya mayor. […]

The post Koh Larn to stay closed until end of month, maybe longer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

shut everything down, everywhere, everybody stay home, don't leave the house no matter what, keep your mask on 24/7, no visitors, no sex, no alcohol, order all your food take out delivered. forever.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Cool 1

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

shut everything down, everywhere, everybody stay home, don't leave the house no matter what, keep your mask on 24/7, no visitors, no sex, no alcohol, order all your food take out delivered. forever.    

Or, of a more reasonable nature - extend our obsessions with the population's health and well being.

Bollocks to the overt consciousness and fanciful notions of tourism and the bladdy tourism industry, all of which has little hold on the real economy. Contrary to popular delusion, it's not that influential or important. 

Screw the tourism industry.

Let's get on with our real lives.

🤔

No great loss. Koh Larn is a small underdeveloped yet over visited island a short boat ride from Pattaya. It’s only redeeming point is it has slightly  better beaches than Pattaya. I thought the idea was they were going to use Koh Larn as a gateway for tourists to visit Pattaya? You would have to quarantine a few days on the island before being released to Pattaya. If it’s so easily shut down, it was a poor idea to begin with. 

• Cool 1

i sleep with a mask on now and as well as use a water proof mask to shower.  covid is everyone, and causes symptoms of the common cold...oh no!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kmc said:

i sleep with a mask on now and as well as use a water proof mask to shower.  covid is everyone, and causes symptoms of the common cold...oh no!

...and don't forget muff diving

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Yes, you can keep this s#&t hole closed forever 

This might be a wild guess, but I have a sneaking suspicion you dont like Ko Larn.  Or am I reading too much into your comment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Oh dear, not having a good day then.

According to the article, Koh Larn reached the threshold of having 70% of its residents vaccinated a couple of months ago… so what’s the point in the continued lock down?

Thailand as a whole needs to either open up or shift the economy in former tourist areas to something else.  People need to be able to earn a living. I doubt Thailand will ever make that shift because the tourism-based income is easy money compared to other forms of industry. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kmc said:

don't forget your condom!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1