News Forum - China eyes booster shots to hit herd immunity by years end

Thaiger

If they can achieve over 80% vaccination rate, China may reach herd immunity by the end of the year, according to the country’s top respiratory disease expert. He believed that booster shots would make up for the loss of efficacy after 6 months of vaccines from China and others used in the country. Officials in China believe that they will reach 80% of the population being vaccinated by the end of 2021 and with the use of booster shots, they should be able to achieve herd immunity, based on data showing about a 70% efficacy rate of Chinese vaccines. The […]

The post China eyes booster shots to hit herd immunity by years end appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Never will have immunity against a renegade variant as long as the virus has plenty of hosts to mutate in. Herd immunity is unheard of. 

• Like 3

I would be surprised if China allows tourists into or out of the country before November of 2022. They have the upcoming Winter Olympics in February and once every five year national meeting in October next year. They are not going to risk having another major outbreak before then. 

• Like 2

"20 times the neutralising antibody levels, and 30 times for older people."

This sounds like a chinese lie.  No chance old immune systems are producing more antibodies than younger folks.  That's biology.

I saw somewhere that they are vaccinating upwards of 20 million a day. I would not put it past them to come out of this way ahead of the rest of the world.  Started in China (leak?) and looks like they will finish first there too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I saw somewhere that they are vaccinating upwards of 20 million a day. I would not put it past them to come out of this way ahead of the rest of the world.  Started in China (leak?) and looks like they will finish first there too. 

Yes it seems like they will “come up smelling of roses”. Strange they are still talking of herd immunity when we already know the Delta variant can still infect fully vaccinated people. We need to rethink the whole thing for a population that is mostly vaccinated. For these countries it’s time to move on and learn to live with it.  We need to stop vaccinating kids in developed countries and start vaccinating the rest of the world.  

12 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes it seems like they will “come up smelling of roses”. Strange they are still talking of herd immunity when we already know the Delta variant can still infect fully vaccinated people. We need to rethink the whole thing for a population that is mostly vaccinated. For these countries it’s time to move on and learn to live with it.  We need to stop vaccinating kids in developed countries and start vaccinating the rest of the world.  

Smelling of roses indeed - the  caused it (probably accidently) and are going to be fine.  The Chinese have taken the lock-out approach, and have forced their people to stay in China and have very limited people coming in from outside.  Aust and NZ have taken the same approach, but less restrictive on people coming into the country, and guess what - the latest outbreaks are all sourced from people coming into the country - vaccinated is not immunity.  What is the bet that many new cases fire up all over the world from all those people 'escaping' from Afghanistan.   

Vaccinations are still the way to go - the evidence is clear that unvaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus, get sicker when they do, and are more contagious.  The death rate in the USA from the Delta version is running at about 0.01% because of the vaccines.

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People (healthline.com)

It seems that some sort of consensus has been reached whereby Govts all around the world are not going to consider easing restrictions until 70-80% of the population are vaccinated.  And it is also clear that going forward vaccination certificates/proof and a pre-boarding test, is going to be needed before anyone is allowed to fly internationally - including children I hope.

Edited by bushav8r
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Smelling of roses indeed - the bastards caused it (probably accidently) and are going to be fine.  The Chinese have taken the lock-out approach, and have forced their people to stay in China and have very limited people coming in from outside.  Aust and NZ have taken the same approach, but less restrictive on people coming into the country, and guess what - the latest outbreaks are all sourced from people coming into the country - vaccinated is not immunity.  What is the bet that many new cases fire up all over the world from all those people 'escaping' from Afghanistan.   

Vaccinations are still the way to go - the evidence is clear that unvaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus, get sicker when they do, and are more contagious.  The death rate in the USA from the Delta version is running at about 0.01% because of the vaccines.

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People (healthline.com)

It seems that some sort of consensus has been reached whereby Govts all around the world are not going to consider easing restrictions until 70-80% of the population are vaccinated.  And it is also clear that going forward vaccination certificates/proof and a pre-boarding test, is going to be needed before anyone is allowed to fly internationally - including children I hope.

Fully agree with all you’ve said there. I’m not sure how long it will take to get 70-80% of the whole world vaccinated. The U.K. is approaching that but after 8 months of doing 300,000-500,000 vaccinations a day, they still have only achieved 75% of adults (not population) fully vaccinated. 

The situation specific to Thailand is a confusing one. The virus is now essentially endemic in the population. They have leaky borders and just announced they will let migrant Labour back in. Along with the schemes in Phuket and Samui and a push to open Pattaya (of all places!), a mishmash of vaccines, I am confused what their strategy is?!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I am confused what their strategy is?! 

Hi, @Soidog! Do you for one minute think they have a strategy? With the ever-shifting goalposts and the ever-changing targets and criteria, a strategy is the last thing they could claim to work from . . . rhetorically, of course!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

The point here is, which vaccine? The chinese one is an inactivated vaccine, the others are mrna. We know far more about the first one than the others (I hope now people realised that the 95% efficiency of the Pfizer all over the mainstream media some months ago was just a marketing claim by scientists working...for Pfizer). Why would you not believe the Turkish study on 30 million people (!!!) as I am sure scientists in Turkey are as competent as anywhere in the Western world (and scientists in China too whom published loads of studies  that are reviewed by others scientists worldwide as they are the ones that understand these studies, not us commentators on the Thaiger), and most probably less corrupted by the pharmaceutical industry . It is not surprising that inactivated vaccines work better... and one thing is sure too, they are definitely safer!! More inactivated vaccines are being made worldwide and it would not surprise me if they replace the mrna all together eventually.

I agree with your last sentence. In fact, as more and more prominent scientists are saying, we should stop vaccinating young people, full stop, surely not with mnra vaccines that will never provide heard immunity anyway and that have more risks than benefits for young people pratically never badly affected by covid 19. Vaccinate all vulnerable people worldwide, so less of them die from covid (no vaccine with save all lives), treat all sick people with early treatements that are available and let the rest of populations reach natural immunity... and get on with life!!! Like with the flu, and as it seems sars-cov-2 is here to stay, new variants will appear, some will be weaker and once in a while, one will be more lethal and kill people for a short period of time...just like the flu... vaccinated or not. Locking down the whole planet will not change anything as it seems very clear it has not after a year and half of this madness!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hi, @Soidog! Do you for one minute think they have a strategy? With the ever-shifting goalposts and the ever-changing targets and criteria, a strategy is the last thing they could claim to work from . . . rhetorically, of course!

But what about the “Think Tank”. Must be a whole lotta Thinking going on 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Never will have immunity against a renegade variant as long as the virus has plenty of hosts to mutate in. Herd immunity is unheard of. 

I have to believe this as well.

Herd immunity was just another manipulated social pacifier to distract us from not realizing that this might be the end. 

Nature's intention to suggest that we're not that extraordinary.

24 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Well you dont have a fixed solution to a shifting problem do you?

7 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Uhh?

It's a legit answer - the virus is mutating and producing alternate variants.  The initial vaccines were based against the first variants.  The subsequent variants have mutated further and the vaccines are less effective.

Either we redo the vaccines against the newer variants (which is being done I think), or we use other measures to lessen the transmission rates.

If the transmission rates were lowered in the first place, we wouldn't have had so many variants by now.

Thats my take on it, right or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As one doctor put it, the way these vaccines are designed to just block a small part of the virus, coming up with these vaccines is just like a dog chasing it's tail.  We're never going to get ahead of the mutations that the vaccines are creating.  https://www.bitchute.com/video/OLbJ1prdxzgV/

Too bad countries don't have leaders that actually look at data, come up with easy and cheap protocols and prophylaxis, instead of repeating the mantra from day one.  "Go home, take an aspirin, then come see us if your oxygen is below 90.  Meanwhile wait for the vaccine, as it's the only thing that will save us".  Such bullhite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read a good article yesterday from a leading immunologist  who advocates the unthinkable for many. She said that with high levels of vaccination, now is the time to allow people to become infected. The vaccines protect all but the very old and vulnerable. The protection they offer against exiting and future variants is limited compared to the immunity the body produces once infected and the person gets well. Chasing the virus by vaccination was not in the long term interest and better we allow controlled infections which protect the elderly and most vulnerable. Those people should continue to have annual vaccines as we do for seasonal influenza.   

Attached

Covid: What’s the best way to top up our immunity? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58270098

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Poolie said:

New variants keep popping up. You wouldn't keep the same response to them, or would you?

Ha-ha! I quickly read it, thinking 'Oh-oh, another bit of Poolie silliness'; never thinking you were being serious . . . for once (:-) Let's see it again . . .

Well you don't have a fixed solution to a shifting problem do you?

A great quote, though, in hindsight, so thanks for that!

Two days before I left the shores of Britain behind I was watching the BBC morning show, featuring a doctor.

They were taking about Christmas cake and the making thereof, and giving the bowl to your children to lick clean.

"Oh no, you mustn't do that. Its got raw egg in it.' replied the po-faced doctor, straight faced.

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ha-ha! I quickly read it, thinking 'Oh-oh, another bit of Poolie silliness'; never thinking you were being serious . . . for once (:-) Let's see it again . . .

Well you don't have a fixed solution to a shifting problem do you?

A great quote, though, in hindsight, so thanks for that!

Its ok. Some people don't realise genius when they see it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

It's a legit answer - the virus is mutating and producing alternate variants.  The initial vaccines were based against the first variants.  The subsequent variants have mutated further and the vaccines are less effective.

Either we redo the vaccines against the newer variants (which is being done I think), or we use other measures to lessen the transmission rates.

If the transmission rates were lowered in the first place, we wouldn't have had so many variants by now.

Thats my take on it, right or wrong.

My general take on it might be that our beloved earth would benefit with a solid 2/3 of the human inhabitants gone, in particular the variety of our species that historically are most destructive.

Edited by Rain

I am sure they can do it. In Thailand, we see 3 or 4 jabs administered already with less then 10 percent population vaccinated. Very soon we will need boosters while most of the population don't even get a first jab 

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

I am sure they can do it. In Thailand, we see 3 or 4 jabs administered already with less then 10 percent population vaccinated. Very soon we will need boosters while most of the population don't even get a first jab 

When referring to boosters, I trust you're speaking of the tweaked variety, less the original - which are fastly proving less effective among the ever-changing mutations. 

Those who are stagnant, have politically muddled, and running behind with their vaccines programs will have to reboot the schemes to fit the current strain. 

1 hour ago, Rain said:

My general take on it might be that our beloved earth would benefit with a solid 2/3 of the human inhabitants gone, in particular the variety of our species that historically are most destructive.

Don't worry, it will happen.

Global warming is still being ignored, and we're way past the 1.5C increase they were talking about by 2040, we're closer to 4-5c increase now.  The next 30-40 years will see huge changes.  Mass migrations due to flooding and unlivable conditions, weather patterns decimating area's etc etc.

We're already completely f*cked.  Disease goes hand in hand with all of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the next 100 years reduces the population by 2/3rd's.

At least Elon has the right idea, get to Mars so we can f.ckup another planet.