Get ready for High Season

JamesE

I've been looking into Sandbox hotels for the trip I'm planning for the end of October. Many hotels I've talk to are actually increasing prices on 1-November because, High Season. The increases are pretty small - like ฿200-300/night - but the hotels' belief that there will be a high season is completely entrenched. That being said, the prices are still stupid-cheap and provide a very strong pull.

• Haha 1

this is why id rather do the BKK ASQ as its all included in price and im on mainland after...to go north

Unlike the usual scammy islands that always felt like nothing more than a cash grab when I went in 08....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

this is why id rather do the BKK ASQ as its all included in price and im on mainland after...to go north

Unlike the usual scammy islands that always felt like nothing more than a cash grab when I went in 08....

I did the AQ game last time. I stayed at a cheap place with a balcony (which was a sanity saver, who knew watching the BTS run up and down could be so interesting). I'm going to try the Sandbox this time. At least there'll be some variety in the food.

4 hours ago, JamesE said:

I've been looking into Sandbox hotels for the trip I'm planning for the end of October. Many hotels I've talk to are actually increasing prices on 1-November because, High Season. The increases are pretty small - like ฿200-300/night - but the hotels' belief that there will be a high season is completely entrenched. That being said, the prices are still stupid-cheap and provide a very strong pull.

You might be right, there seems to be a lot more people about in the area I live and last night we got a booking for 2 weeks in October and another inquiry for a month in November we haven't put the price up maybe some places will put their prices up for Dec/Jan 

Edited by Lowseasonlover

22 hours ago, JamesE said:

I did the AQ game last time. I stayed at a cheap place with a balcony (which was a sanity saver, who knew watching the BTS run up and down could be so interesting). I'm going to try the Sandbox this time. At least there'll be some variety in the food.

Agreed with the balcony just to get outdoors and fresh air(kinda) but TBH after over a decade in LOS I just dont trust the thais who are starved for income, and the notorious tourists islands to not look at me as a street dog does to a piece of meat.....Id just be too paranoid about testing and the prepaid testing etc, as opposed to sitting in a comfy room with all needs met, basically what ive been doing at home over a year.

Bring a good book---my chromecast--laptop and binge movies and read..long baths, drink tea, sleep n eat in my BKK ASQ knowing i dont have to freak out on the plane about others possibly infected or a fake vax card

Then get "paroled" after the 14 and jump on a plane-bus-train up to CNX and be done with the whole mess. I usually eat the same things so no biggie.....care to forward the link of the ASQ you chose?...was decent 4 u?

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

care to forward the link of the ASQ you chose?...was decent 4 u?

Hotel Amber Sukhumvit 85. Decent enough room. (I could get a half-mile walk in). Corner suite at 37sq m, so not huge. Good smart TVs. Good WiFi. The food was just okay - there was a microwave so you didn't have to eat at delivery time. I think it's going for ฿38K. http://atmindgroup.com/hotelambersukhumvit85/ Biggest downside was that they were absolute sticklers for the rules so blocked stuff like canned milk for coffee from 7-11.

But, if you just want to sit in a comfy room, check out My Beach on Panwa (https://www.mybeachphuket.com/accommodation/) it would end up costing about the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

A bit isolated out at Panwa, I would recommend around Rawai at life is pretty normal here

Yeah, that's why I decided to pass on it. But if you wanted a totally quiet place for two weeks it works out about the same cost as AQ in BKK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, that's why I decided to pass on it. But if you wanted a totally quiet place for two weeks it works out about the same cost as AQ in BKK.

I was looking on Agoda the other day some good deals about one near where I live VIJITT Resort

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I was looking on Agoda the other day some good deals about one near where I live VIJITT Resort

I'll check it out. I'm looking at Karon/Kata but haven't sent anybody any money yet so I'm not locked in.

19 hours ago, JamesE said:

Im all about peace n quiet--esp if im on lockdown for 14

• Like 1