Talk Forum - PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says restrictions are likely to be eased by early September

Thaiger

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says disease control measures, including nightly curfews and business closures in Bangkok and other “dark red” zones, are likely to be eased by early September as the Covid-19 infection rate, while still high, is beginning to decline. The prime minister made the announcement on his Facebook page saying that while the Covid-19 case count has been around 20,000 each day, the outbreak is slowing down, with the number of recoveries each day exceeding the number of new cases. But what is worrying, Prayut says, is the number of deaths. And with the highly-transmissible Delta variant spreading in […]

The post PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says restrictions are likely to be eased by early September appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

More blathering to convince the masses he knows what the f*** is going on and he is in control.

The actuality is that he, nor anyone in his administration, is trustworthy enough for us to take them at their words.

While I don't believe in hell, I do wish there was a special place in the afterlife for twits like this that have made so many suffer from their continuing incompetence.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

More blathering to convince the masses he knows what the f*** is going on and he is in control.

The actuality is that he, nor anyone in his administration, is trustworthy enough for us to take them at their words.

While I don't believe in hell, I do wish there was a special place in the afterlife for twits like this that have made so many suffer from their continuing incompetence.

That's why politicians or dictators needn't speak of things they know nothing of - which of course, seems to be the fashion the world over as it applies to anything COVID. 

Meanwhile here in redneck country I drove past a funeral party half an hour ago with probably around 150 people in attendance.  Plastic chairs, food, booze, games of Hi Lo, the full up country experience.

The reason my observations are detailed are because I have driven past it half a dozen times over a period of days.

I confess I don't actually know what the current rules are about this sort of thing in this province but it does suggest people here aren't exactly embracing the spirit of Dear Leader's words.

Covid levels here are relatively low but it's still really dumb to organise or go to an event like this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Meanwhile here in redneck country I drove past a funeral party half an hour ago with probably around 150 people in attendance.  Plastic chairs, food, booze, games of Hi Lo, the full up country experience.

The reason my observations are detailed are because I have driven past it half a dozen times over a period of days.

I confess I don't actually know what the current rules are about this sort of thing in this province but it does suggest people here aren't exactly embracing the spirit of Dear Leader's words.

Covid levels here are relatively low but it's still really dumb to organise or go to an event like this.

Doesn't seem that the call for practicing mitigations protocol is working. 

People aren't getting it.

46 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Nearly impossible to tell if it's his mouth or his anal orifice making these noises.

Definitely must be the latter judging by what is said

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says disease control measures, including nightly curfews and business closures in Bangkok and other “dark red” zones, are likely to be eased by early September as the Covid-19 infection rate, while still high, is beginning to decline.

I think he missed the UN out from in front of the LIKELY! time alone will tell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

"Covid-19 infection rate, while still high, is beginning to decline."

The only thing that is declining could be the number of tests! I personally know of 3 people now in bkk that have tried to get tests at many hospitals only to be told go home and isolate..

does anyone have any data of numbers of daily tests ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, plenty of noise about dark red zones but eff all about those of us living in provinces into which he exported hundreds of thousands of infected people. We have been living in a responsible way for month after month and have sucked up all the trash sent to us but our lives are still wrecked. Thank you very much Chan Ocha. You represent the overbearing Bangkok elite so well while we ordinary folk clear up your sh+t.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

Sure, he said it would be better after 2, 3 or 4 weeks at the most (or 6 weeks which he said one day later). Whether or not it's prudent, he'll blindly follow through.

Never mind the in excess of 20.000 new cases and the 200-300 daily deaths...

The few that have been vaccinated with a second rate vaccine are a little bit safer. And the rest is expected to take the risk so that a few businesses can benefit from eased restrictions. Money over health and life.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Sure, he said it would be better after 2, 3 or 4 weeks at the most (or 6 weeks which he said one day later). Whether or not it's prudent, he'll blindly follow through.

Never mind the in excess of 20.000 new cases and the 200-300 daily deaths...

The few that have been vaccinated with a second rate vaccine are a little bit safer. And the rest is expected to take the risk so that a few businesses can benefit from eased restrictions. Money over health and life.

Less of course the 21-22,000 recovering every day. Y'know, those with antibodies preventing tranmission. They dont need vaccination yet, probably for six months.

• Cool 1

15 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Less of course the 21-22,000 recovering every day. Y'know, those with antibodies preventing tranmission. They dont need vaccination yet, probably for six months.

That's really a drop in the ocean considering that the number of infections is much higher than the reported 20.000 from limited testing only. 

Plus the fact that hospital beds are fully occupied and field hospitals are being used. That icu's are nearly full (only nearly because they've moved people all over the country).

And deaths daily are 3-4 times the amount of the total death-toll of the first 14 months!

Perfect time to easy restrictions...

Edited by Bob20
Small typo
  • Like 1

I think the thing most people on this forum find so difficult is the sheer lack of any accountability these people are held to. With a controlled and compliant media and the ultimate fear of defamation and more, it’s simply not possible to challenge too much. What I don’t understand is why western media don’t do more. If BBC or CNN correspondents asked the right questions, there is little that the junta could do. My question to the PM would be simple and respectful of his office. I would simply ask, on what grounds or what evidence is there to support his assertion that infections are declining? When he said rates have fallen for two days, I would then point out that I had tried 5 hospitals trying to get a test, so how does he know? No one seems to stick a mic up the noses of these guys and ask the questions. As a result, you can hardly blame the politicians for thinking either people are thick or they don’t care, or even both.
What’s the saying that goes something like? People get the government and the police force they deserve. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yetanother said:

his one talent: making false promises , that he has no ability nor intent to carry out

Must be why the court threw out the fake news law to protect his dumbass 

4 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

"PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says disease control measures, including nightly curfews and business closures in Bangkok and other “dark red” zones, are likely to be eased by early September as the Covid-19 infection rate, while still high, is beginning to decline."

Testing! Testing! Testing!
Mic check, anyone listening?

Remember back in the early phases of 2020, you heard the "Testing" mantra out of every western news media? 

Political Word Salad (see video)...
Is not knowing, meaning low testing, going to increase the disease as the disgraced governor in chief of New York suggests? Of course not, the disease, any disease that is transmissible in the way we believe covid is, will spread no matter how many masks you put on your face. Only a complete and total lockdown, forever will be able to mitigate this. New Zealand seems to have it right? Wait until the Gamma variant arrives... Jacinda. With New Zealand's methodology, they will be required to remain in full lockdown forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVSBtK09U40

KISS Method: (Keep It Simple Stupid)
It's real simple folks... "Casedemic"

No need to make the statistical analysis game any more complicated than this...

If there were proper wide-spread aggressive testing nationally, then "cases" WOULDN'T be on the decline now would they. Dial up testing... CRISIS, dial down testing, no more crisis. Remember when Thailand was not aggressively testing? No... don't remember... yeah that would have been the period of time when the Wuhan vacationers were coming all through January, February, March 2020 seeding Thailand early on. There was virtually no testing campaign in Thailand up until March of 2021 and what did we see suddenly... a rise in "cases." Covid 19 was thoroughly endemic within Thailand all of 2020 and early 2021 and the numbers remained low... WHY? It's not rocket science as they say. 

833101711_Thailandcovidtesting.png.f7288bd6ff2cb75126a77247abbdf7f5.png

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

"PM Prayut Chan-o-cha says disease control measures, including nightly curfews and business closures in Bangkok and other “dark red” zones, are likely to be eased by early September as the Covid-19 infection rate, while still high, is beginning to decline."

Testing! Testing! Testing!
Mic check, anyone listening?

Remember back in the early phases of 2020, you heard the "Testing" mantra out of every western news media? 

Political Word Salad (see video)...
Is not knowing, meaning low testing, going to increase the disease as the disgraced governor in chief of New York suggests? Of course not, the disease, any disease that is transmissible in the way we believe covid is, will spread no matter how many masks you put on your face. Only a complete and total lockdown, forever will be able to mitigate this. New Zealand seems to have it right? Wait until the Gamma variant arrives... Jacinda. With New Zealand's methodology, they will be required to remain in full lockdown forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVSBtK09U40

KISS Method: (Keep It Simple Stupid)
It's real simple folks... "Casedemic"

No need to make the statistical analysis game any more complicated than this...

If there were proper wide-spread aggressive testing nationally, then "cases" WOULDN'T be on the decline now would they. Dial up testing... CRISIS, dial down testing, no more crisis. Remember when Thailand was not aggressively testing? No... don't remember... yeah that would have been the period of time when the Wuhan vacationers were coming all through January, February, March 2020 seeding Thailand early on. There was virtually no testing campaign in Thailand up until March of 2021 and what did we see suddenly... a rise in "cases." Covid 19 was thoroughly endemic within Thailand all of 2020 and early 2021 and the numbers remained low... WHY? It's not rocket science as they say. 

833101711_Thailandcovidtesting.png.f7288bd6ff2cb75126a77247abbdf7f5.png

The graph suggest Thailand is doing around 65,000-70,000 tests per day and finding around 18,000-22,000 cases. Approximately 1/3rd of those tested. While most of those tests will be in a high area of infection in and around Bangkok, this is a very high ratio of tests to positive cases. 

• Like 2

Simple Soidog slow down the testing so the numbers infected are low. Then use that on the media. The PM and his junta only think of BKK. He thinks anyone North of BKK are ignorant uneducated rice farmers who will believe what ever he say's. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I think the thing most people on this forum find so difficult is the sheer lack of any accountability these people are held to. With a controlled and compliant media and the ultimate fear of defamation and more, it’s simply not possible to challenge too much. What I don’t understand is why western media don’t do more. If BBC or CNN correspondents asked the right questions, there is little that the junta could do. My question to the PM would be simple and respectful of his office. I would simply ask, on what grounds or what evidence is there to support his assertion that infections are declining? When he said rates have fallen for two days, I would then point out that I had tried 5 hospitals trying to get a test, so how does he know? No one seems to stick a mic up the noses of these guys and ask the questions. As a result, you can hardly blame the politicians for thinking either people are thick or they don’t care, or even both.
What’s the saying that goes something like? People get the government and the police force they deserve. 

That's the beauty of an autocratic democracy. 

Not quite the same as a dictatorship or Junta.

However, there's only a hairs width which separates them.

It's just a nicer way of saying, you can do as you please,  providing  we tell you its OK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

The graph suggest Thailand is doing around 65,000-70,000 tests per day and finding around 18,000-22,000 cases. Approximately 1/3rd of those tested. While most of those tests will be in a high area of infection in and around Bangkok, this is a very high ratio of tests to positive cases. 

Some numbers I ran across a week or so ago suggested that testing has been steady at the range you mention since mid-April. So, cases haven't been increasing because they were testing more but the positivity rate was just going through the roof. This suggests that the reported case numbers could be off by several multiples. But, because whoever knows the real numbers isn't saying, anything else is a guess. The fatality rate (a two-week trailing indicator for cases) would suggest that deaths are being under-reported similar to what happened in India. Thailand, the 20th largest population globally, is currently 6th in the number of reported serious/critical patients so deaths should follow that trend and not be in 140th position. (All data from worldometer except tests because Thailand hasn't reported any for well over a month.)

• Like 2

What you state is tragic enough. If they are to relax rules and pretend things are improving then it’s nothing short of disgraceful. 

• Like 1

The saying that comes to mind is this. If we live where they live, hear what they hear and see what they see, we would think like they think. 

• Haha 1