Talk Forum - Amnesty International demands investigation into shooting of protesters

Thaiger

Amnesty International Thailand is calling for a full investigation into the shooting of young anti-government protesters, with 1 teenager currently in a coma. The unnamed 15 year old was shot in the back of the neck, while a 14 and 16 year old were also shot. The father of the 14 year old has already filed a police complaint. However, his son, who has been discharged from hospital, says he can’t be sure the bullet was fired by police, adding that it may have come from a group of teenagers near the scene. According to a Coconuts report, the Metropolitan […]

The post Amnesty International demands investigation into shooting of protesters appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

On 8/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, Thaiger said:

The father of the 14 year old has already filed a police complaint. However, his son, who has been discharged from hospital, says he can’t be sure the bullet was fired by police, adding that it may have come from a group of teenagers near the scene. 

What I find rather amusing is how much not only the inference but even the facts vary.

Only a day or two ago it was:

"... but the 14 year believes the shot was fire by teenagers who were uninvolved in the protest."

Now that Amnesty International are involved, that's become:

" ... he can’t be sure the bullet was fired by police, adding that it may have come from a group of teenagers near the scene."

Rather more than just semantics!

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

Amnesty International should shut up and get back in their box.

And stay there.

What are your reasons for saying this?

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

And stay there.

Interesting post @Poolie  you obviously don’t think Amnesty International look to stand up for and protect the UN convention on Human Rights? Or is there another reason for not supporting their actions? Maybe you feel they are too aligned to Western governments and hence seen as a political movement? 

• Like 1

No worries the kid was shot in the neck with a BULLET according to the hospital, but all done to those international standards, along with tear gas canisters fired directly at crowds and water canon laced with chemicals 😊

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Interesting post @Poolie  you obviously don’t think Amnesty International look to stand up for and protect the UN convention on Human Rights? Or is there another reason for not supporting their actions? Maybe you feel they are too aligned to Western governments and hence seen as a political movement? 

I dont trust any NGO.

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

I dont trust any NGO.

Would you like to say why that is? It’s non governmental and hence I’d have thought more independent? 

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Would you like to say why that is? It's non governmental and hence I’d have thought more independent? 

Yeah, 'course they are.

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

And stay there.

Human rights are a universal right for all humans on the planet earth and not negoatiable. I am happy there are human rights organisation in the world to watch slavery, kids abuse, tortures or any other horrible things in this world. But with your statement you show us your mindset and how horrible such mindsets are I will not say here. But this generation no more accept this human abusing and feudalism and they are defintly the future and their intelect is really much higher than of the most who comment. I saw a few days ago a young guy with a shirt " you mess with the wrong generation" . If I compare their generations knowledge, I really have to agree with him. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Doesn’t look like you wish to share your thoughts then?  

No. Too many 'internet intellectuals' here to share the truth.

• Haha 1