Thursday Covid Update: 20,902 new cases; provincial totals

Thaiger

20,902 new Covid-19 cases were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. Around half of those cases are in central Thailand. Since the start of the pandemic last year, the CCSA has reported at total of 989,859 Covid-19 cases. The latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, has accounted for 960,996 of those infections. There are 301 coronavirus-related fatalities reported by the CCSA today, raising the pandemic’s death toll in Thailand to 8,586. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has recorded 22,208 recoveries. There are now 205,946 people receiving […]

The post Thursday Covid Update: 20,902 new cases; provincial totals appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And on it goes - no relief in sight - yet.    It is the 19th so the 30K predicted may not eventuate, and it has stabilised at around 20K.    

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

And on it goes - no relief in sight - yet.    It is the 19th so the 30K predicted may not eventuate, and it has stabilised at around 20K.    

Hopefully it has genuinely stabilised and will come down soon. However, I have my doubts and perhaps what we are seeing is the limitations of testing capacity to record anymore cases? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Hopefully it has genuinely stabilised and will come down soon. However, I have my doubts and perhaps what we are seeing is the limitations of testing capacity to record anymore cases? 

That is what worries me Soidog - they are deliberately not testing more each day and therefore the number of positives is staying at around 20K?  Maybe they are under instructions?  I hope that is not the case and it is a genuine peak number - but I would not be surprised.

• Like 2

One can only hope that they get their vaccination program into gear and vaccinate those who want to be vaccinated.  Hell, a 70 year old grandma in BuriRam was double vaccinated on the same day, one AZ vaccine in the left arm and one in the right.  As the saying goes "The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing".  Some can not get vaccinated to save their life, like my GF, and yet this poor woman was jabbed twice.  I hope that everyone stays safe and protects there families as well.  The deaths are the troubling part of this wave and the Delta Variant.  

• Like 3

According to the IHME

Were on the current projection, so we passed the peak. We’re trending to go lower but see a tick at the end of next month

If it was the terrible projection, we should’ve seen 35K cases per day and continue to rise

5CA85AF2-12FA-46BD-AC8E-EA9404929707.jpeg

• Like 1

The reality is that Thailand has succumbed to a Delta outbreak. I hear and see a lot about testing and attempts to control movement rough lockdowns. With 20,000+ per day in cases, the focus has got to be on vaccination. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine.  

• Cool 1