A Challenge from the Wife

Andrew Reeve

On Friday my wife challenged me, not to use my laptop and mobile phone for the whole weekend as apparently I have become a Digital warrior. I completed the challenge and it was extremely difficult and the habit of looking at my phone in the evening time was the hardest part.

The benefits were to my eyes as they got a lot more rest and I was so much more social with chatting to people in my real room.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 2

I would be the opposite and would dearly love to have more time on all things digital and when parenting 3 girls, free time is limited.

• Haha 1

On Monday, I was on the lap top and then the phone for the whole day up to 11pm. Very annoyed as its obviously an addiction of sorts. Starting from this evening Laptop will be powered down by 9pm and mobile phone removed to another room at 9pm. Letting my self down gently.

• Cool 1

After completing the challenge last weekend from my wife regarding using my mobile phone and laptop, i am now going to sign off for this evening and enjoy the night and talk tomorrow everyone.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 2

• 1 month later...

I've given up on social media. It is addicting. I participate in two Thailand-centered forums and a sub-Reddit: r/Bangkok. I gave up Facebook years ago and found that Twitter was too full of Trolls and anger. It is so easy to get sucked into arguments that never end when I should be away reading a book.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

I've given up on social media. It is addicting. I participate in two Thailand-centered forums and a sub-Reddit: r/Bangkok. I gave up Facebook years ago and found that Twitter was too full of Trolls and anger. It is so easy to get sucked into arguments that never end when I should be away reading a book.

No truer word spoken @JamesEand at times I wish it was the 1970 or 80s. simpler times.

• Like 1