foreigners are getting vaccinated

I just came from reading posts on thaivisa and I have to say do any these posters there actually live in Thailand ?

As per usual the amount of anti- thai posts, attacks on Thailand,  and the vitriol hate speech overshowed any thoughtful comments. 

So I am going to tell you that foreigners are getting vaccinated and if you read different it's propaganda.

I had my first jab yesterday and was given this second appointment for September.

Scan_20210817.png

Agree.  I had both of mine, and while it wasn't a fun process, and was in fact quite chaotic (I had to apply at different websites several times), in the end it got sorted.

Kudos to the Thai's for that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Agree.  I had both of mine, and while it wasn't a fun process, and was in fact quite chaotic (I had to apply at different websites several times), in the end it got sorted.

Kudos to the Thai's for that.

Yep.

Apart from the more common negative tales and general misconceptions, Farang, and other foreigners, receiving vaccinations [first jab] at a respectable rate currently. 

Aside from all this - most every Thai I know - family, extended family, friends, neighbors have had their first shot from five or six weeks ago. So it's coming along.

Granted, the general programs were steeped in the usual Thai bureaucracy and corrupted practices from the beginning - yet, picking up consistently now. 

The percentage of partial and fully immunization is slow but steady. 

Could be worse.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Yep.

Apart from the more common negative tales and general misconceptions, Farang, and other foreigners, receiving vaccinations [first jab] at a respectable rate currently. 

Aside from all this - most every Thai I know - family, extended family, friends, neighbors have had their first shot from five or six weeks ago. So it's coming along.

Granted, the general programs were steeped in the usual Thai bureaucracy and corrupted practices from the beginning - yet, picking up consistently now. 

You either live in Phuket or you don't know many Thais.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You either live in Phuket or you don't know many Thais.

Perhaps I get out more or know a wider variety of Thais than you might. 

Down south we've heard nothing, though registered.

I was at the hospital today for a follow-up check up and spoke to two doctors who told me about the expat site, but admitted no one in the province had received so much as a single shot, yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Down south we've heard nothing, though registered.

I was at the hospital today for a follow-up check up and spoke to two doctors who told me about the expat site, but admitted no one in the province had received so much as a single shot, yet.

Up north too, @MrStretch.

There haven't been any vaccinations at the vaccination centre up here for two months, for Thais or farangs.

Amazing how those in Phuket not only think it's typical of Thailand, but they can't even be bothered to look at the figures before declaring that vaccinations are being done at a "respectable rate" when the country's so badly behind everyone else in the region.

Yes I know there are still problems but if your persistent you can get the vaccine. I registered with Bangkok Pattaya Hospital twice and at the same time at the Siracha Samitivej  Hospital. I got a call from Samitivej about 4 weeks after I registered and they said come tomorrow at 11am. Although a very posh private hospital they were set up to give first jabs of Pfizer which surprised me as my wife had just had astrazeneca at Banglamung Hospital. I have no I idea were the Pfizer came from or who organised this but the hospital staff were so polite and helped everybody with a big smile. I think other Thai hospitals can learn a lot from this hospital in regards to customer care - they were fantastic! 

Nice to see the tourist hot spots getting protected while the rest of us in the provinces take our chances especially since they started sending the infected home to local communities .

As always a vaccine is nice if you can get it ! 

Especially Pfizer for free when those that paid up front are still waiting to hear as well . Grrrrrrr  ( but I guess we would all do the same in the same situation if it was offered).