Now Afghanistan has been left behind where next will the US invade ?

gummy

As the title say where will American forces go next in the world. Afghanistan and its people have suddenly been deserted by the very people who supposedly were helping them, so what will be the next country they bomb, destroy the infrastructure, give false hopes to its people and then just leave ?  It is become  a common trend now with this and previously Iraq and other countries left by them in a perilous state. So the question is where next will America go to introduce their style of "democracy" or is it they just need conflict to trial their latest war weapons, hopefully in a country that can not fight back too much ?

They have a fine record of invasion's so far in the last 50 years certainly, where next ?

https://davidswanson.org/warlist/

American's have never been very good at geography.   They'll just destabilise another "regime" (i.e. government that they don't like), and move on in to screw things up in a grand manner.  Possibly not even the same country.

It will need to have oil though, and threaten to leave the US$ hegemony for oil sales to Euro or RMB.

It will also need to make $$$ for the contractors that run the war machine.  No point in a war unless you make money.

That points fingers at Venezuela I guess, although Cuba is another possibility, especially since the Chinese started drilling for oil.  Bolivia and Colombia are other probable close 2nd's. Bolivia has the Lithium reserves, and Colombia has the borders with Venezuela..

In 30-40 years we'll move on from oil wars though, and be into (other) resource wars.  Water will likely be a prime one.

Edited by shanghailoz
  • Like 2

For all the complaints about the Afghanistan war, it sure was a success.

Rumsfeld et al made a killing.

Sure, there were a few deaths here and there - afghani's, american's etc etc.  But overall - great.  The war business is going well.

Just now, shanghailoz said:

For all the complaints about the Afghanistan war, it sure was a success.

Rumsfeld et al made a killing.

Sure, there were a few deaths here and there - afghani's, american's etc etc.  But overall - great.  The war business is going well.

And I guess the Taliban are very grateful for all the equipment that has kindly been donated to them.

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

And I guess the Taliban are very grateful for all the equipment that has kindly been donated to them.

Business opportunities - 

Now think of all the additional weaponry, and service contracts that can be sold.

Its a win/win!

---

Sarcasm aside, ironically here, the Taliban will likely be a better management for Afghanistan.  

They are anti-drugs, so the CIA/ US / Warlord run poppy fields will likely be a thing of the past.  Helpful tip - stock up on Heroin, its going to go up in price in the next year or two.

If you have a longer  memory, you'll recall that the taliban offered to turn over bin laden in return for a proper trial.

The american's said f. that, bombed them into oblivion, then murdered bin laden.

Edited by shanghailoz

14 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Business opportunities - 

Now think of all the additional weaponry, and service contracts that can be sold.

Its a win/win!

---

Sarcasm aside, ironically here, the Taliban will likely be a better management for Afghanistan.  

They are anti-drugs, so the CIA/ US / Warlord run poppy fields will likely be a thing of the past.  Helpful tip - stock up on Heroin, its going to go up in price in the next year or two.

If you have a longer  memory, you'll recall that the taliban offered to turn over bin laden in return for a proper trial.

The american's said f. that, bombed them into oblivion, then murdered bin laden.

Noooo your information is outdated my friend - when the taliban were last in power they banned the growing of poppies, however there was national outrage as no-one was making any money, or could get spaced out on a Saturday night so they reversed that decision. They are very unlikely to go down that route again! Too much money involved.

1 minute ago, Ubon2530 said:

I wouldn't give you a pound to own Wales...

If we're talking american's, it's probably a misspelling of whales.  i.e. the things that drive around walmart on motorized scooters complaining that they don't need to wear masks as its against their constitutional right to  have an iq thats the inverse of their weight.

12 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

If we're talking american's, it's probably a misspelling of whales.  i.e. the things that drive around walmart on motorized scooters complaining that they don't need to wear masks as its against their constitutional right to  have an iq thats the inverse of their weight.

You mean like this ?

image.jpeg.1747e945dddf460eb6750c085091c05f.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ubon2530 said:

HOW does one get that fat? How can she live like this?

Processed foods.  At least in Thailand we can eat fresh stuff with veggies etc.

In America thats expensive.  Pre-processed crap with a ton of sugar in is cheap.  Hence the poor people fat thing.  It's expensive to be skinny.

At least she can buy sanitary items in her size.

image.thumb.png.38b47f6caf8045647baef708fb0af79b.png

• Haha 2

Where to go next mmm some where its not hot, not in a jungle, where kids and girls don't ride a push bike bike with an AK 47 strapped around them ,and 1 we can beat easily. Maybe our own backyard where the black militants parade but, there tooled up with arms better then us . Better for us to circle the neighborhood with loud speakers blasting Madonna out like we did in Panama in our choppers.

Alas, the continued extension of empire is an arduous undertaking. 

Can't imagine that their highly deluded ideals of exceptionalism and right of passage will end anytime soon. 

A highly dumbed down population is quite evident.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

As the title say where will American forces go next in the world. Afghanistan and its people have suddenly been deserted by the very people who supposedly were helping them, so what will be the next country they bomb, destroy the infrastructure, give false hopes to its people and then just leave?

Maybe next time it should be like in the movie the Mouse That Roared.  The prime minister of the small country of Grand Fenwick finds the country bankrupt, and decides that their only course of action is to declare war on the United States. Expecting a quick and total defeat (since their standing army is tiny and equipped with bows and arrows), the country confidently expects to rebuild itself through the largesse that the United States bestows on all its vanquished enemies.  Instead the USA surrenders. 

I suspect the USA will remain quiet for awhile until the horrible press about the disaster subsides and peoples minds forget the senseless war.  Then the military industrial complex filled with those who make billions of selling weapons of war will pressure the USA to enter into another senseless war.  Of course the Pentagon will go along since after spending billions of new weapons, the boys want to see how their new toys perform. 

• Like 2

On the last budget the Biden administration gave the Military 1.6% and that was further degraded because they stripped funds from it buy other means a bit off smoke and mirrors with their Military funding unlike my Hero Donald J Trump that rebuilt it after the disaster of the Obama administration.

I don't think they'll be in a position to invade anywhere anytime soon they would be better putting troops on their Southern Boarder to secure it.  

18 minutes ago, longwood50 said:

Maybe next time it should be like in the movie the Mouse That Roared.  The prime minister of the small country of Grand Fenwick finds the country bankrupt, and decides that their only course of action is to declare war on the United States. Expecting a quick and total defeat (since their standing army is tiny and equipped with bows and arrows), the country confidently expects to rebuild itself through the largesse that the United States bestows on all its vanquished enemies.  Instead the USA surrenders. 

I suspect the USA will remain quiet for awhile until the horrible press about the disaster subsides and peoples minds forget the senseless war.  Then the military industrial complex filled with those who make billions of selling weapons of war will pressure the USA to enter into another senseless war.  Of course the Pentagon will go along since after spending billions of new weapons, the boys want to see how their new toys perform. 

Quiet? Don't think so. 

Don't forget the hidden and covert activities of endless types that are enacted worldwide - quite regularly for decades upon decades. Nothing will change this aspect of their foreign policy shenanigans. 

7 minutes ago, Rain said:

Quiet? Don't think so. 

Well they have to wait until the foolish public forgets about the disaster in Afghanistan.  That is not to say there will not be covert action.  However at the present time without a clear and present danger the U.S. voter is sick of war.  The same thing happened in Vietnam.  A war weary public is what forced the USA to withdraw.  

That of course has now been the successful strategy that Bin Laden saw.  He witnessed Vietnam and knew that the USA would not have an infinite appetite for American casualties. He could inflict a million tiny cuts and eventually the USA would tire of the fight. 

Now how short a memory the public has is anyone's guess.  Given the IQ of voting populace in the USA it pretty well documents that the majority of them are so naïve and gullible they will fall for the call to war again.  If they were not that gullible, they would hardly believe the next politician who says the government is the answer, and that he/she will give them everything while they do little to nothing. 

• Like 1

Quite frankly, they probably won't invade anyone until the Republicans are back in power.

Reagan (Republican) - Invasion of Grenada.

George H Bush (Republican and Reagan's VP) - 1st Gulf War.

Bill Clinton (Democrat) - Clinton did send troops in to Somalia in a limited role but that wasn't a "war". Same for the actions in Kosovo and Bosnia (and some actions in the No Fly Zone in Iraq).

George W Bush (Republican) - Afghanistan and 2nd Gulf War.

Barak Obama (Democrat) - inherited wars started by Bush. Didn't start any new ones.

Donald Trump (Republican) - Failed to start a new war to win a second term.

(No American President has ever been voted out of office while the USA was at war. It has been rumoured for a long time that was why the 2nd Gulf War started. Bush needed something to help him win a 2nd term and Afghanistan wasn't going to do it for him.
Suddenly, Saddam miraculously had WMDs and was threatening to use them  and the war was on, followed by a successful re-election.)

I'm not sure if Trump honestly thought he was going to win the election in a landslide or he couldn't find a suitable "bad guy" to martyr "for the re-election" cause. 
I suspect his ego convinced him he couldn't lose the election (or he thought he had it rigged to win which maybe is why he thinks the election was stolen, because he tried to steal it and it failed).

And there was really only one bad guy the US could have gone after and had a (slim) chance against.

And that would be the same guy the next Republican President might choose as well.

Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela.

Fits the profile nicely. Dictator who likes to use his army to crush any who oppose him but most importantly - presides over an oil rich nation. A bad guy with oil - and a long way from the Middle East ! A trifecta !

Yeah, yeah, Kim Jong-Un is a whack job. So have all the previous Korean leaders and no one is going to do squat about him so long as China has his back.

Ebrahim Raisi ? (New hardline president of Iran.) Lol - not another Middle East theocrat ! Even if Iran was one of George (W) Bush's 3 "Axis of Evil" countries.

Unless they do something incredible stupid like make a nuclear weapon - and use it (most likely against Israel). Then all bets are off (but it wouldn't be the US going it alone either).

Bashar al-Assad ? (President of Syria) Another Middle East war ? Not a chance. The Syrian conflict has already been dragging on for 10 years with no end in site and is a nightmare when you try to figure out who is actually supporting who in that conflict. Keep in mind that at the start of the conflict, most of the "rebels" were actually members of different terrorist groups, many of whom used the weapons and ammo supplied by Western nations to form ISIS. They were also not adverse to using chemical weapons themselves in an attempt to draw the US into the war directly.

Justin Trudeau ? (No joke, I wouldn't have put it past Trump to start beating the war drums if they suddenly found themselves in need of more oil. Would have been easy to paint Trudeau as a commie lover, a Muslim terrorist enabler and a corrupt bribe taking criminal. Even then though, a war would have been a hard sell but if things were desperate enough, you can bet the American people wouldn't have a major problem with it.)

Who else ?

Remember, it will be some country that can afford to pay for the war (usually be having to pay reparations to the Americans in the form of cheap oil subsidies).
It has to be someone that isn't being backed up by China or Russia, so count out Burma and Belarus.

It likely won't be anywhere in the Middle East, SE Asia or Africa.

Most likely needs to be against an opponent they think they can actually defeat for a change as well. Long, drawn out guerilla campaigns aren't going to win a lot of support.

Doesn't leave a lot of options other than South America. Or maybe a Central American country like Nicaragua or El Salvador or Guatemala. 
But America has to be wary of any country in Central/South America because Cuba will stick it's nose into the game the same way Pakistan has been doing in Afghanistan for decades.

And there's not a lot of difference between the jungles of Vietnam and the jungles of South/Central America. Swap rice fields for cocoa plantations and that's about it.

Sheesh, the more I think about it, the more it seems that Canada is the best option ! Especially if Trudeau gets elected again and drives the country further down the drain.

(I worked it out years ago that the Americans had enough troops and firepower in northern Washington (the state) to defeat Canada's entire military. And that wasn't including the National Guard units or all the other military units from Idaho to Maine.

When I was a youngster my dad told me a joke about a Canadian trucker hauling a load into the USA. The trucker stops at a diner and gets into a conversation with some of the "locals". The locals were bragging that the USA could take over Canada anytime they wanted to.

The grizzled old Canadian replied "If you wanted to take us over, you should have done it a decade ago when you outnumbered us 7-1.
Now that you outnumber us 10-1 - you don't stand a chance !"

("We learned a thing or two from Osama don't you know. You'd better stay away from Canada Road !")

So, who do you think the most likely next adversary will be ? 

(Sheesh, the way things are going in the USA, their next war could be Civil War 2 - "The Dawn of the Trump". (Dawn/Don - get it ?)

• Haha 1

1st - America should have gotten outta there after they killed Bin Laden. That was the only time public opinion for the occupation was high enough to get a pass on the whole thing. I do not think most liked the endless occupation over there but you have to remember at the time the World Trade Center was f*ing knocked down & there had to be some sort of response. But the way the withdrawal was handled recently is embarrassing. Hopefully it is the last time this kind of thing happens, please please.

2nd - No Europeans or Australians on this website care at all about Afghanistan or America or any of this debacle really. It is just an opportunity to take shots at America. What do fat rednecks have to do with Afghanistan? I'm sure it would take about 10 seconds to find some 400 lb pig from Luton on Google images. It'd be easier to find mugshots of Pakistani rape gang members...but the fatty from Luton could be found in short order. And Australia is in a dystopian 1984 style lockdown now with the f-ing military roaming the streets. Why isn't anyone talking about that?

3rd - The reason I do not comment on the affairs of other countries is because I do not live there, I am not from there, so I feel like I do not have enough info to speak on it and especially not to make some insulting snide comments. Why is it that so many Europeans (except for Scandinavians & Hungary) hav some strong opinion on the American people and everything America does? It's like everyone is Pierce f*cking Morgan. American's need the opinion of some snaggled toothed shrimp dick liver spotted puke from Leeds or wherever as about as we need Harry Styles running around Hollywood in a dress. If you knew what you were talking about you'd know a majority of American's did not like the Afghanistan occupation.

4th - If the American military was not around Russia or China would have already invaded your country. You only get to sit around an judge everything because the country you are from is inconsequential. You get to spend little or nothing on military defense because you know America will back you up if there is any trouble. So with the money you do not spend on your own military defense you spend on stupid welfare and entitlement programs. How many 'migrants' are you going to pay welfare to while they rape your women & take over your culture? And the first chance you get to bitch about America you get on your favorite blog (enabled by electricity & internet invented in America) and on Twitter & Facebook (invented in America) and write these snarky little comments while sitting in Pattaya (basically invented by America, at least the part you like).

Is America in decline? YES
Are the best days of America over? PROBABLY
Should non-Americans be happy & gloat over Americas failures? I DO NOT KNOW, BUT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE RUSSIA OR CHINA RUNNING THE SHOW?

Be careful not to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Marinate on that for awhile....now go get ya shine box!

I gotta go, buffalo sick.....

• Like 2

Why should anyone country 'run the show?'

Signed

Snaggle Tooth

Leeds

Edited by Poolie
Punctuation

Someone will always try to 'run the show' unfortunately.

Remember colonialism, WW2, Crimea, Hong Kong...always some country invading another to gain dominance.

China & Russia would not just mind their business and stay quiet like the world is some hippie commune.

America was pretty much isolationist until Pearl Harbor in 1941. Wish it coulda stayed that way.