Thinking of buying and EV ? Go for some class

gummy

Couldn't find a specific motoring forum so popped it here under General so hope it is ok mods ?

Came across this and I thought, lots of people try to put down EVs either because they are petrol dinosaurs or else they try to knock them because they are made in China etc etc.

So if there are people out there with the money who are looking for real class and comfort this could be for you. Perhaps we need an agency for them in Thailand ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-57901893

The problem with EVs in Thailand are where the hell can you charge them, except through conventional outlets?

There are no supercharging stations, that I'm aware of.

One thing Thailand is shite at, is preparation for alternative transportation.  You'll see many empty LPG stations, but only a handful of CNG stations, all run by one company and with the exception of Bangkok, widely scattered and inconvenient.

I'd love to move to an EV or an EV hybrid, but worry about charging.

52 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I'd love to move to an EV or an EV hybrid, but worry about charging.

There are 2 in Ubon - both outside shopping malls.

10 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

There are 2 in Ubon - both outside shopping malls.

Yeah, I still double-take when I see one. But I've only ever seen Level 2, no Level 3 (yet). That said, if you're driving around town mostly, a 20 amp house circuit will easily keep you charged.