Thai food you absolutely need to try

Thaiger

With exotic flavours and fragrances, it’s not hard to wonder why Thai food is so famous worldwide. Lovers of good food will never feel out of place in Thailand. You can find delicious food almost everywhere, even when you’re just walking through a tiny alleyway. Some of the most popular Thai cuisines have frequently made it among ‘the world’s best foods,’ such as the delicious Tom Yum Goong and Massaman Curry. Since the choices are limitless, it can be hard to decide which Thai food you need to try first. That’s why we made this list of the best Thai […]

The post Thai food you absolutely need to try appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

25 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Never eat any of it, except the Massaman curry pastes. Over hyped, especially the unhygienic street food.

Well, there you go . . . I love the stuff; most of it anyway.

Not too keen on that strong-smelling fishy liquor that some som-tum makers use too much of, though. Otherwise . . . bring it on!

• Like 5

I eat it, i like some of it, but i would never crave for it

imho there are much better cuisines but its down to your palate i suppose 

if i am away the thought or desire of 'Thai "food  would never enter my mind

I now fancy fish n chips with a curry sauce on the side 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

55 minutes ago, poohy said:

I eat it, i like some of it, but i would never crave for it

imho there are much better cuisines but its down to your palate i suppose 

if i am away the thought or desire of 'Thai "food  would never enter my mind

I now fancy fish n chips with a curry sauce on the side 

That Chinese chip shop curry?

• Like 1

Lots of Thai food is just Issan junk over cooked, stewed veggies and bland if you were blindfolded you wouldn't no what you were eating,

Stay away from the tourist areas it's over priced garbage,

In Phuket town there are some great places what I call Southern cuisine the problem is many farang dont know what to order.

Maybe I post some photo's of different dishes that you dont see in normal Thai restaurants 

42 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

That Chinese chip shop curry?

Chinese takeaways do do their attempt at chips an curry sauce  BUT horses for courses lets not mix Chinese curries up with real fish n chips ..its not right 

My local chippie back home is in  Dudley is Cypriot  so normal fish n chips with batters  they do  a nice curry sauce along with pies an saveloys

No no No Im hungry!!

Ps couldnt find on with curry sauce

WP_20160928_002.jpg

• Haha 1

When I tried fried grasshopper on Walking Street (ah, the great memories!), I had to be pretty plowed. To my delight, they were delicious, and when I tried them again "soberish," they were just as good.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, poohy said:

Chinese takeaways do do their attempt at chips an curry sauce  BUT horses for courses lets not mix Chinese curries up with real fish n chips ..its not right 

My local chippie back home is in  Dudley is Cypriot  so normal fish n chips with batters  they do  a nice curry sauce along with pies an saveloys

No no No Im hungry!!

Ps couldnt find on with curry sauce

WP_20160928_002.jpg

You have to go to Geordie land to have savaloys and peas pudding 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Lots of Thai food is just Issan junk over cooked, stewed veggies and bland

Issan food is neither bland, nor junk.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Khao Soi - made recently by my wife.

Unbelievably tasty!!

IMG_20210816_191049.png

That is nice. I've only ever had it when I've been in Chiang Mai or northern Thailand.
I take it that must be a local dish from the north?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

That is nice. I've only ever had it when I've been in Chiang Mai or northern Thailand.

Yes, it is.

Damn good...zaap heng !

• Like 1

Have to temporary bar myself from this Topic. In the last 12 hours of a 72 hour fast and the pictures are too good and too tempting...ha ha😁😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Have to temporary bar myself from this Topic. In the last 12 hours of a 72 hour fast and the pictures are too good and too tempting...ha ha😁😂

I hear you Smithydog. I’m on a three-month assignment from today (away from the wife) so a fasting of sorts as well. Clicked on this thread because I was hungry 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Surrender to temptation....

☺️☺️😂😂

No don't, keep at it ..✅

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

There is (was?) a place in Ekkamai behind the Beer House - Hom Duan - that makes a very respectable khao soi. Old school, you order and get colored chips that tell the guy at the little table by the exit how much you owe.

• Like 1