PCR or Antigen - has anyone flown with Etihad ?

Benroon

So I was just about to get a Covid rapid antigen test to fly with Etihad and thought I'll just confirm with the airline that's ok but they've just told me its not acceptable and  needs to be the full PCR test - I think the person I spoke to got it wrong as I did see on their website both were acceptable but now can't find where I saw it! Also many airlines report the same requirement but people are turning up with antigen tests and flying. I ask as Antigen 1200baht, PCR 4,500 baht !

Has anyone else flown with Etihad, what did you use ?

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

Yes I consulted their website and it is mandatory for you to do a PCR test before every flight.

Cheers Tornado - they previously said both were ok but pulled it. Also many airlines state PCR but will accept an antigen test (Thaiair)

Airlines need to make this clearer - as you go for the cheaper flight only to find they will only accept a PCR (three times the price of an antigen so making the flight more expensive) 

By the way the PCR test is bloody uncomfortable !

Suggest look around, you can find cheaper testing.  Should be able to find under 3k for an RT-PCR

Most international require RT-PCR, local is ok with Antigen.

RT-PCR is usually next day, although can be done same day if done in the morning., and collect early evening in some places.

None of the tests are fun.  I've done 20+ by now traveling around, and it doesn't get easier.

• Like 1

I was looking into this last night and found that there are antigen tests and there are antigen tests. There's something called a "Quantitative Antigen Test (CLEIA/ECLEIA)" which can work but the kit-type tests are not acceptable. @shanghailozis right about pricing. If you're in BKK you can get a same-day test for ฿2,600 or next-day for ฿2,800 from MedConsult Asia in Thong Lor. If you get in before 9am you'll get the ฿2,600 test back same day.

• Like 1