New poll suggests Thais get most of their news from social media or television

Thaiger

A recent Suan Dusit Poll suggests Thai people get most of their news about Covid from social media or television. The survey was conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University. A total of 1,270 people were surveyed throughout the country from August 9 to August 12 to determine the public’s interest in “figures and statistics” associated with the Covid situation. On the question of where they get this Covid related news, 71.84% of respondents replied they see it on TV. 70.49% got their news from social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Line. 56.49% responded that they refer to news websites. […]

The post New poll suggests Thais get most of their news from social media or television appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Due this circumstances, that Facebook is considered as a "serious" source for news, the government is forced to issue some Fake-News-Warnings occasionally. I rarly see Thai reading newspages like CNN, CNA, Bangkok Post, The Times or something like that. Just scrolling down, what a friend just has posted in FB or a shared Video by Line...  ?

Edited by SirPixAlot
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

A recent Suan Dusit Poll suggests Thai people get most of their news about Covid from social media or television.

Wow, that’s amazing. Next weeks Suan Dusit Poll will suggest that most people get their food from supermarkets or restaurants ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, yetanother said:

" The researchers did not comment on the fact that the given percentages exceed 100%."

hahaha, means those expert researchers didn't even notice it before they published it?

@yetanother. If you're referring to the percentages shown in this sentence . . .

'On the question of where they get this Covid related news, 71.84% of respondents replied they see it on TV. 70.49% got their news from social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Line. 56.49% responded that they refer to news websites. […]'

. . . I assume that many of the people asked will use at least one of the 3 news sources polled, maybe all of them and thus the % numbers far exceeding 100. That's how I read it. The percentages indicated on the 'how much time a day' question do add up to 100, whilst the other 2 polls, like the 'which news source' one, again relate to people for whom 2 or 3 of the answers apply.

Ugh.  That’s unfortunate because whatever info someone wants,  they can search for anything that agrees with their opinion and find it.  I limit the info I get from online and I don’t watch the news on TV because it’s either too left or too right.  That leaves the Thaiger which I check to see if any status changes for expats…then see what other stuff is “popular”.  

• Like 1