Bangkok mother and son arrested for fraud

Thaiger

Yesterday, a mother and son were arrested in Bangkok after the son allegedly pretended to sell discounted AirPods online while using his mother’s account for transferring funds. The unnamed 33 year old son had posted on Facebook that he had AirPods for sale at 5,500 baht a pop, a sale from their “normal” retail price of 8,900 baht. However, the son had an (alleged) trick up his sleeve. He didn’t send any AirPods. The man’s alleged fraud cost over 50 people more than 100,000 baht. The man reportedly fessed up to the Facebook “sale” but claims it was a “supply […]

The post Bangkok mother and son arrested for fraud appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

45 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

, a mother and son were arrested in Bangkok after the son allegedly pretended to sell discounted AirPods

Pair of sods ..

these are just like trendy wireless hearing aids from what I've seen , like what my mother ( deaf as a post ) had a few yrs back .. once we'd mastered pairing 'em to a device she could listen to Englebert Humperdinck for hrs .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Pair of sods ..

these are just like trendy wireless hearing aids from what I've seen , like what my mother ( deaf as a post ) had a few yrs back .. once we'd mastered pairing 'em to a device she could listen to Englebert Humperdinck for hrs .. 

Of topic I know but wondered how old he is. 85 now and still on tour this year to Leicester so guess it will be his Last Waltz

Back to topic and there appears to be so many scammers operating on Facebook. I still find it hard to understand why people buy stuff off there .

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Of topic I know but wondered how old he is. 85 now and still on tour this year to Leicester so guess it will be his Last Waltz

Back to topic and there appears to be so many scammers operating on Facebook. I still find it hard to understand why people buy stuff off there .

Yes he's still touring but at 85 the best edelweiss is see him while you can .. and it would be no surprise if he's got some airpods as he's on Spotify .. 

• Haha 1

Good work by the BiB - fraud can devastate lives. I have a particular hatred for any human who knowingly rips other people off! Get a job ! 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

18 hours ago, gummy said:

Las Vegas, London, Paris, Milan …….Leicester ! 

?

(apologies to Leicesteronians) 

• Haha 2

What did he think? That people will send him money and forgot? He posted on FB, so it's 10 min for police to reach him. What kind of brain have people like him? It's like taking a loan from a bank and not pay off thinking that nobody will know. 

• Cool 1

• 2 months later...