Tune of the Day – Thursday 12 August ‘21

King Cotton

How about a bangin’ tune to liven things up?

If any interest, we could do it every day, on a new date-headed topic, BUT with the proviso that the tune (or song) is a newish release, within the last 12-months, let’s say.

I’ll start the ball rolling with one of my current faves, Sam Fender’s ‘Seventeen Going Under’ . . . what a voice this young Geordie-boy has!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAifgn2Cvo8

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Don't watch the bint in the red dress, listen to the lead guitar!

That's very good.
I had some trouble when I started watching it. I was still laughing at your use of the word 'bint' - haven't heard that in years!  ? ? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

That's very good.
I had some trouble when I started watching it. I was still laughing at your use of the word 'bint' - haven't heard that in years!  ? ? ?

Yes, a great term, especially in N England. Great tune, too . . . yippee, Tune of the Day is a go-go . . . for bints and geezers too.

• Haha 1

Superb! How many hours a day must this girl have practised to get so good. The guitar solo phrase at 1:30 is sublime. Thanks Thai3!

. . . next please!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Could not get it to play for some reason, don't know much about Thai guitarists, but I like this one

One of the copy songs I used to front on bass in the USA once upon a time when I was gigging. That guitar she has I would gather was given to her or her dad's if he plays. Wear and tear like that doesn't come from a little bit of time. But she plays well but needs some more experience mileage on the singing.

• Cool 1

11 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

One of the copy songs I used to front on bass in the USA once upon a time when I was gigging. That guitar she has I would gather was given to her or her dad's if he plays. Wear and tear like that doesn't come from a little bit of time. But she plays well but needs some more experience mileage on the singing.

Her dads guitar, pretty amazing I think for an 11 year old and she speaks very good English. There are a lot of young prodigies on the guitar but few sing and none that I have seen have her looks, attitude and confidence, still she has been at it a few years! I love this one she did a year ago- when 10 ? I did post it before I know

17 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

She should have abandoned the vocal and done it instrumental as Stevie Ray Vaughan version .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Her dads guitar, pretty amazing I think for an 11 year old and she speaks very good English. There are a lot of young prodigies on the guitar but few sing and none that I have seen have her looks, attitude and confidence, still she has been at it a few years! I love this one she did a year ago- when 10 ? I did post it before I know

Hell's bells . . . amazing confidence and what a great name, too. A star in the making, I very hope!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

She should have abandoned the vocal and done it instrumental as Stevie Ray Vaughan version .

Hard to not sing this song and she did do ok+. For Guitar work the girl will be, actually already is on her way to be a superstar. 

For me back in the day I used to cross playing and singing the style of with Hendix and Sting. But this is also who you have playing with you in the band at the moment for how it comes off in the end. All in all a good video of an aspiring Thai girl musician

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Who is her dad and what city? I have for sure seen someone post this gal before. Also was on Thai TV.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Yoyoka.... awesome drummer!!

Jeeze! How am I supposed to do any moderating with all this going on? And this kid, YOYOKA, is another 11-yr old and just look how he's enjoying his 'work'. Bloody great!

Now then, which thread was I inspecting? Not sure now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Who is her dad and what city? I have for sure seen someone post this gal before. Also was on Thai TV.

Her dad plays in a band, don't know the name but they live in Bang Bon  Bkk and she goes to a Sarasas school. Been on Tv a few times and talent competitions abroad. Not my type of music but I think she's very talented.

1 minute ago, thai3 said:

Her dad plays in a band, don't know the name but they live in Bang Bon  Bkk and she goes to a Sarasas school. Been on Tv a few times and talent competitions abroad. Not my type of music but I think she's very talented.

Yeah ok. I have seen her a couple times in video, but one of the video shows a gazillion electric guitars and it does not look like a music shop. So was wondering who the dad is. They must have some money from somewhere. I think she is ok, but one video is enough for now of her. 

For music I tend to like most of everything, and yeah you can even include some older rap with that. I was just looking for a kick ass Arturo Sandoval video to post, but it is either too long being a concert or perhaps not the right stuff for this crew here on TT. I saw him back at Yoshi's club in Oakland California back in the day a long long time ago and he was so kick butt that after that show we ran to the ticket office to buy the next tickets to see his next show later that night.

I will try to post something from my end later, but my wife and the kids mom's day din din is almost needing to get ready.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Here is one to give you that old time feeling

Oops. Apologies. This release is 5ish  years old. Still a goodie in my book

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Oops. Apologies. This release is 5ish  years old. Still a goodie in my book

No probs and they do make a good sound. I've heard them before, I'm sure, on Jack Saunders Indie Show (now Future Artists and not so good!), late on Mon to Thurs nights, BBC Radio 1. An excellent show, if you can download the BBC 'My Sounds' app . . . stacks of good listening on there!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Faraday said:

Don't watch the bint in the red dress, listen to the lead guitar!

Jesus who's the girl in the red dress ?????

Oops sorry !

(However I burst out laughing when the lyric "The Thais like my beans for free" came up ! But yep not bad guitar work.

• Haha 2