Anti-government protests, clashes with police continue for second day in Bangkok

Thaiger

Violence has erupted on the streets of Bangkok for the second day in a row as anti-government protesters clashed with police. Thai PBS World reports that protesters hurled bricks, firecrackers, and slingshots at officers at the Victory Monument and the Din Daeng intersection. Yesterday’s rally was organised by the Talu Fah group, which is closely allied to the Ratsadon pro-democracy group and other activist groups. It’s understood the rally started off peacefully at the Victory Monument. Later in the afternoon, protesters began to block traffic around the area and set fire to effigies of political figures. After issuing a warning […]

The post Anti-government protests, clashes with police continue for second day in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

We saw some of the videos last night - hopefully the violence will not spiral out of control - because if it does the Junta will win the fight.  

Perhaps I am looking at it from a different point of view, but towards the end there, it just seemed llike hooligans dicking with the police, rather than a protest.

I loved the roman candles, though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

We saw some of the videos last night - hopefully the violence will not spiral out of control - because if it does the Junta will win the fight.  

By murdering their fellow Thais again on the streets

These protests are outstanding. Such courage, in the face of oppression and cowardice from the army. 

The time is coming, when this will no longer be tolerated. Just wait. The army is on it's way out. It could take awhile, and it could get ugly, though it will never get to the hellish level of Burma, as the Thai parents would never, ever permit that kind of genocidal behavior from their sons. You take out one more Thai, and you are forever disowned by this family. That is all it would take to bring about mass defections from the army ranks. How would the army hold up in 350,000 of it's soldiers said there is no way we are going to do this filthy work for fat, toxic, super corrupt billionaire generals. That would sure be fun to witness. Are the pompous generals going to put themselves into harms way? Never. They do not have it in them, they are cowards. 

D1xwTT3WsAExAJF (1).jpg

410315962.jpg

7075077230be295c1ac1a3a1994a1ad2.jpg

general-prayuth-and-the-coup-in-thailand-altagreer-thai.gif

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

Housing-the-homeless-1.jpg

Thailand-Poverty-May-23-2020-e1593511700942.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I just noticed the pic accompanying the story. 

Great image for the police, manhandling a middle-aged woman with a camera.

You think that was accidental?

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Just said the same thing to my daughter. For some reason she doesn't seem middle aged to me. Heck even at my late 50's I don't consider myself middle aged. She is old feisty aged for sure. I personally love the pic and it being in the public news. Big bad brutes, and shows it is not only the young generation that despises these elite fat heads and their publicly paid boot licking hooligans. All they have to do is get out and run away and let the good people of Thailand have the society and government and direction they choose to have. The people are just so past the point of sick and tired and fed up with these leeches.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Nobody need die if there were no more illegal coups by traitors and honest elections

If, if, if.....if me Mother was a bloke, she'd be my Dad.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Poolie said:

If, if, if.....if me Mother was a bloke, she'd be my Dad.

Sorry, Poolie, but I can only give that a 'Sad'.

4 hours ago, MrStretch said:

What option did the police have, depending on what she was doing which is unknown?