Pattaya reopening postponed indefinitely as Covid-19 persists

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand announced that the Pattaya reopening plan scheduled to launch on September 1 has been postponed indefinitely. With Covid-19 still ravaging the Chon Buri province, the TAT has conceded that it won’t be possible to reopen to international travellers safely in just 20 days. Hua Hin and other tourist areas received the same bad news from the TAT. The news is not surprising as the Covid-19 shutdown continues after 4 months to the day of the order shutting down most businesses as the third wave of the Coronavirus started rapidly spreading throughout the country, but is […]

The post Pattaya reopening postponed indefinitely as Covid-19 persists appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

22 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand announced that the Pattaya reopening plan scheduled to launch on September 1 has been postponed indefinitely. With Covid-19 still ravaging the Chon Buri province, the TAT has conceded that it won’t be possible to reopen to international travellers safely in just 20 days. Hua Hin and other tourist areas received the same bad news from the TAT. The news is not surprising as the Covid-19 shutdown continues after 4 months to the day of the order shutting down most businesses as the third wave of the Coronavirus started rapidly spreading throughout the country, but is […]

The post Pattaya reopening postponed indefinitely as Covid-19 persists appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hmmm, didn’t see this coming did we??? ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

Why would any potential European or even Russian tourist consider Phuket as a destination right now? Exorbitant rip-off Covid insurance required, countless regulations, and documents to be produced, "secure corridors" to travel to islands and tourist attractions, restaurants closed, and you can't buy a beer or glass of wine with a meal? There is no holiday atmosphere, the place is in a state of deep depression. Fly to Spain, Portugal, South of France, Italy, where everything is open and you can enjoy an "almost" normal summer holiday. It's a bit of a no brainer I am afraid. 

• Like 5

Surprised not in the least. There is no way to open Pattaya without opening Bangkok first. Maybe by the end of the year, but that’s iffy at best. 

after 1 year and 7months, with a fast spreading, so called, virus,
have 70 % or more, herd immunity, in many cities and villages, in the world,
-
readers get the government-view to read, daily. so after months,
you will strong believe, it is true, and confuse, belief with knowledge.
-
can build up, economy /life fast, if government, banks, religions, etc. , is gone,
what is, even wanted by the deciders, a new order in the world, where old things, have to go.

58 minutes ago, think-and-ask said:

after 1 year and 7months, with a fast spreading, so called, virus,
have 70 % or more, herd immunity, in many cities and villages, in the world,
-
readers get the government-view to read, daily. so after months,
you will strong believe, it is true, and confuse, belief with knowledge.
-
can build up, economy /life fast, if government, banks, religions, etc. , is gone,
what is, even wanted by the deciders, a new order in the world, where old things, have to go.

I am not sure if that is gibberish because you believe what you wrote, or because you used Google translate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No way they can open Sept 1st but hope to open fourth quarter this year ? 

That’s just 31 days later - I don’t think anyone is falling for these dangling carrots anymore!

Edited by Benroon
  • Like 1

Can someone qualify where it says ‘Hua Hin and other tourist areas have been given the same bad news’ what that actually means in reality ? Does it mean lockdown (as in dark red) continues after Sept 1st? 

I know several business owners and they are all geared to open up end of August - no one has heard anything different as of this morning ?! (Infact officially Hua Hin reopens in 5 days according to the last police order to the bars) 

Where does TAT fit in the chain ? Do they instruct the police, through the govt, or the other way round ? Or do people just send out soundbites independently of each other so the poor sods trying to make a living haven’t got a clue ? 

Have TAT got the authority to impose lockdowns ? 

• Cool 1

Thailand will not open this year or the first half of next year

The rest of the world is in the same predicament

Then to ask people to visit Thailand by first  isolating be it Phuket or wherever will not work.

I feel extremely sorry for Thailand but the rest of the world as said is in the same boat

Either unrestricted entry or none at all is the answer

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RJBT said:

Thailand will not open this year or the first half of next year

The rest of the world is in the same predicament

Then to ask people to visit Thailand by first  isolating be it Phuket or wherever will not work.

I feel extremely sorry for Thailand but the rest of the world as said is in the same boat

Either unrestricted entry or none at all is the answer

But unrestricted entry means people will choose where they want to say . Restricted entry staying at "certain" hotels ensure the government's  pals get more than their fair share of the bookings with prices to match

I have sympathy for the business and people dependant on tourism in Pattaya however until the numbers of fully vaccinated and fully recovered exceeds the remainder then Covid will still persist. Also If it opens up for tourists the young ladies will flock back and unlikly they will be fully vaccinated. Catch 22

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:44 AM, Thaiger said:

With Covid-19 still ravaging the Chon Buri province, the TAT has conceded that it won’t be possible to reopen to international travellers safely in just 20 days.

They only require to delay the reopening by 2 weeks.  As the Thai soothsayer has prophesied that by then the situation will improve according to all medical evidence.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2156279/virus-easing-in-4-6-weeks

By the way the soothsayer quotes this on 29th July, with a record of 16,533 new cases and only 12 Dark Red zones. 

• Like 1

you shut your country down for nothing but flu . wake up why you live in fear fear is your disease. Pray that you can survive not having work . Stop living in fear take your country back tell prayut to open up the country i got covid now its nothing i was sick in bed for 10 day thats it . matter of fact it was good because i lost 12 pounds  55555555555

14 hours ago, Benroon said:

No way they can open Sept 1st but hope to open fourth quarter this year ? 

That’s just 31 days later - I don’t think anyone is falling for these dangling carrots anymore!

Maybe they mean 4th quarter of Thai year. So that would be Feb to April 2022 ??

• Haha 1

If this was "Just the flu", the country would be open right now. Get a grip!!! Pattaya will be the last tourist destination to open. But if the sandbox in Phuket can hold out...there is hope :)

• Like 1