Why do incoming people have to quarantine? Let's look at it logically. CRITICAL THINKING REQUIRED.

OneAngryJew

Quarantining during a raging pandemic.  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should Thailand make it easier for foreigners to come here?

• YES
    • NO

This is a question for Thailand as it is today. The virus is ravaging the country. Yet, if you come to Thailand you would have to spend thousands of dollars on tests in your home country and pay for a quarantine hotel here in Thailand. All of this is so you don't bring the virus into Thailand. what's the point of making somebody quarantine now? I can understand if there was no virus like last year, but letting somebody come here without quarantine wouldn't put a dent in the figures.

I think lots of people aren't coming here because of all this trouble to have to go through when they get here. But think about this, all these people have to have insurance against the virus. These are all cash cows, moving to Thailand. If they do get sick there's lots of money the hospitals can get  from them. Why not let them come in droves? At least they would be a stream of income for the hospitals instead of poor people who will pay nothing.

1 hour ago, OneAngryJew said:

The virus is ravaging the country.

Well if you have followed the pandemic for the last 17 months, in reality Thailand is still doing much better than the USA or the UK ever did (per capita).  Thailand has seen numbers rise for just the last 2 months or so, whereas other countries have had higher death rates for the past 17 months (per capita).  

I agree that vaccinated people should not have to quarantine.   Even with the Delta variant, 99.99% of vaccinated individuals will not need hospitalization if they get infected. 

Vaccinated infected individuals can still transmit the virus , though for how long I do not know.

Edited by ExpatPattaya

1 minute ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Well if you have followed the pandemic for the last 17 months, in reality Thailand is still doing much better than the USA or the UK ever did (per capita).  Thailand has seen numbers rise for just the last 2 months or so, whereas other countries have had higher death rates for the past 17 months (per capita).  

I agree that vaccinated people should not have to quarantine.   Even with the Delta variant, 99.99% of vaccinated individuals will not need hospitalization if they get infected. 

Vaccinated infected individuals can still transmit the virus , though for how long I do not know.

I think you're making the assumption that because they're vaccinated, that they don't really get it they just pass along. That's not correct. These aren't real vaccinations they are what's called leaky vaccinations or non-sterile vaccinations. You can catch the virus and you can transmit the virus to others. Everyone around the world is been lying to you about what these leaky vaccines do and they've not been telling you what they don't do, which is specifically, make sure you don't get the virus. The only promise to lessen the severity of your sickness. You will get sick and it may be damned uncomfortable. The good news is, you won't die. Maybe.