Jump to content

Guide to the TM30 requirements.

Recommended Posts


Guide to the TM 30 requirements.
Under section 38 of Thailand's Immigration Act the house master, owner, possessor or hotel manager is legally required to report the foreigners place of residence within 24 hours of arrival at said premises.

Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) ENG.pdf

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Who is responsible for filing a foreigners arrival using form TM30.
In the case of a hotel or guest house it's definitely their responsibility, but in the case of a private residence it can be a number of people. Under section 4 of the Immigration Act, the house master is defined as; Section 4: “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever , in accordance with the law on people act.

Therefore the foreigner as the tenant or possessor of the house is just as responsible to file a TM30 as the landlord, or home owner, which is why the foreigner is sometimes fined for non compliance.

When should a TM30 be filed.
When a foreigner first enters Thailand and arrives at the residence he states on his arrival card, the hotelier or 'house master' of a private residence should report the arrival of the foreigner within 24 hours of his arrival to the local Immigration office for that Province. Thereafter a new TM30 only needs filing if the foreigner moves and takes up a new permanent place of residence. If you take a short break for a vacation or travel overseas, provided you return to the same residence as previously registered then no further action is required.
The Immigration Bureau issued a new regulation to this effect on June 5th 2020, effective from June 30th 2020.

TM30 Reporting Regulation.pdf

How to file a TM30.
In person.

Documents required for registration.
Apart from a copy of the foreigners passport photo/ID page, proof of the address can be in the form of the owners/landlords Blue Tabien Baan + ID card, foreigners Yellow Tabien Baan or a copy of the Chanote in the case of Condo owners. So a combination of the below;

  • Foreigners Passport photo/ID page
  • Blue House Book
  • Yellow House book.
  • Thai ID card.
  • Chanote.

To register online, visit the site at Login For FN Hotel (immigration.go.th) select 'register' and complete the registration process.


When the registration process is approved you'll receive an email containing a password for future login's. You are advised to login and change the password to one of your own choice.

Once registered you can revisit the site, selecting 'login' to file a TM30 by uploading the foreigners passport photo/ID page.



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use