The closure of pubs, bars, nightclubs and other entertainment venues and alcohol ban.

Nocklaus

So, "all tourists" will have nowhere to go for entertainment, they can´t have any wine to go with their food. That´s a really nice "sandbox".

There is a global pandemic going on, or at least there was last time I read the news.

There is always the option of buying a bottle of wine at a local store, and bring the wine and one's food back to one's villa and drinking there in one's private villa/room.

Ideal ?  No. Far far from it.

But did I say there was a global pandemic raging?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, oldcpu said:

There is a global pandemic going on, or at least there was last time I read the news.

There is always the option of buying a bottle of wine at a local store, and bring the wine and one's food back to one's villa and drinking there in one's private villa/room.

Yes, that is the normal if your at home for a cosy Friday nights fish & chips. Not an expensive holiday in the Phuket Sandbox. But you are right though, why are they there, during a global pandemic?

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, oldcpu said:

Ideal ?  No. Far far from it.

But did I say there was a global pandemic raging?

Anymore then 2 in your own villa eating your food and wine that you bought and you will be grassed up, photographed and spread over the local tabloid.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, vlad said:

Anymore then 2 in your own villa eating your food and wine that you bought and you will be grassed up, photographed and spread over the local tabloid.

2?  Last I recall when restrictions were in place it was any 1 visitor to a house hold .. and in restaurants max 4 per table. 

I think there were 6 or 7 in a birthday dinner at a private residence ( with a couple visitors) when that happened before and IMHO the restrictions had not been well announced before. Now they are better announced. I also note some Thai locals fell afoul of same restrictions and there was similar wrt them wrt Thai language press.

I don't believe tho those restrictions limiting private gatherings to less than a handful of people are back in place yet in Phuket. 

I also vaguely recall something about a global pandemic raging with Thailand, including Phuket, seeing record daily numbers of new virus cases.

Beers in coffee cups or paper cups at restaurants and "restaurants" are the norm. 

Gatherings at home are not restricted to family only.  That incidence where the 6 or 7 got pinched was under a different order.

I've also heard from a few friends that certain apps are now quite popular for meeting people.

• Like 1