Jump to content

8 things to do correctly in Thailand


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and it’s easy to see why. The country boasts natural beauty, interesting culture, delicious food, energetic nightlife, and more. However, like any country around the globe, the Land of Smiles also has some shady corners with unsafe activities. Of course, if you’re new to the country, you can not know everything right away. That’s why we make this guide, to point out the things to do correctly in Thailand that every visitor should know beforehand. Knowing these things will help you avoid embarrassment and scams while you’re in […]

The post 8 things to do correctly in Thailand appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world,

Is .! They mean was .. 

I got invited to one of those ping pong shows once .. I thought they meant table tennis 'till I got inside the door and seen there were no bats .. 

Rule 9 .. don't forget to take your shoes off .. 

  • Haha 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dedinbed said:

Is .! They mean was .. 

I got invited to one of those ping pong shows once .. I thought they meant table tennis 'till I got inside the door and seen there were no bats .. 

Rule 9 .. don't forget to take your shoes off .. 

Rule 10... Don't keep too much money in the bank.

 

Thailand’s Deposit Protection Agency (DPA) said on Wednesday that from August 11 onwards, it will only provide protection for 1 million baht per account holder instead of 5 million baht.

 

  • Like 4
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rule 11... only make promises that you can uphold to it

BANGKOK, Aug 4 (Reuters) - The chair of Thailand's Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) (THG.BK) said on Wednesday that a deal to import 20 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech (PFE.N), (22UAy.DE) COVID-19 vaccine was unlikely to happen, despite his earlier claims that a deal was close.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After either alcahol or domestics avoid all but ground floor balconies. if you are desperate for fresh air at midnight and want to unwind safely take a bottle of Sangsom and go for a ride on your motorbike.?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Is .! They mean was .. 

I got invited to one of those ping pong shows once .. I thought they meant table tennis 'till I got inside the door and seen there were no bats .. 

Rule 9 .. don't forget to take your shoes off .. 

There were no bats? Moot point in these covid infested days.

Rule 4. Visiting Temples.
The girls I took to visit the temples were involved in a different sort of preying.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

There were no bats? Moot point in these covid infested days.

Rule 4. Visiting Temples.
The girls I took to visit the temples were involved in a different sort of preying.

Hahaha .. I went to one of those temple places in Bangkok with madam but had to rent some big baggy loon things like Yul Brynner wore before they'd let me in .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dedinbed said:

Hahaha .. I went to one of those temple places in Bangkok with madam but had to rent some big baggy loon things like Yul Brynner wore before they'd let me in .. 

Well yes they seem to have to have this moral code for ensuring visitors are appropriately dressed yet have no principles when it come to receiving money, buying lottery tickets etc etc . Strange that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ping pong shows are out then, what about the fish, frog, snake and razor blades ones? This made me laugh

 'While there’s nothing wrong with enjoying Pattaya’s nightlife, make sure to avoid seedy areas of the city'

Then goes on about the museums and that crappy sanctuary of truth, come off it, it's all seedy central.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The first and biggest danger you need to watch out for is being approached by a man who promises you the night of your life..."

I was listed as number one. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Hahaha .. I went to one of those temple places in Bangkok with madam but had to rent some big baggy loon things like Yul Brynner wore before they'd let me in .. 

'like Yul Brynner' - not in Thailand they don't. He was made persona non-grata for his portrayal of the king in 'The King and I'
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

'like Yul Brynner' - not in Thailand they don't. He was made persona non-grata for his portrayal of the king in 'The King and I'
 

I'll bet Y B was really by that .. I didn't go to great lengths checking whether they had braidy bits down the side , all I remember is them ( temple people ) saying I had to rent some baggy loon things as my loud beach style shorts were not in keeping .. we are talking yrs ago and from I remembered it was 60 barts rental .. 

Edited by Dedinbed
Sp
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I'll bet Y B was really trodden by that .. I didn't go to great lengths checking whether they had braidy bits down the side , all I remember is them ( temple people ) saying I had to rent some baggy loon things as my loud beach style shorts were not in keeping .. we are talking yrs ago and from I remembered it was 60 barts rental .. 

You mean like BartS-impson?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

The girls I took to visit the temples were involved in a different sort of preying.

Did they go down on their knees?

?

Edited by Faraday
S'pelling
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Faraday said:
1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

The girls I took to visit the temples were involved in a different sort of preying.

Did they go down on their knees?

Yes, but not in the temple.
(edit: sorry KaptainRob)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rule number one for ping pong shows. Make sure your open glass drink and your face are not in direct or close proximity of the projectile being shot out of the cave cannon. You may regret having to buy a new drink or wipe the sticky slimy ball crud off your face. They are excellent shots. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"While there’s nothing wrong with enjoying Pattaya’s nightlife, make sure to avoid seedy areas of the city." - Then why go to Pattaya? Oh that's right there are impressive attractions (seedy part of the city), such as extravagant performances (ditto) and beautiful beaches (I've been to most of them and I would describe them differently).  When did the Sanctuary of Truth become either cultural or historical? It's an unfinished tourist attraction which was started in the 80s. While I enjoyed the Art in Paradise museum, no one would classify it as great. As to Ripley's, you would have to pay me to go there. Last is the Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, certainly nice and worth the trip but with so many visitors (ok not now) it's hardly a place of serenity. Let be painfully honest, as a tourist there is little reason to go to Pattaya unless it's to either see or partake in the more seedy areas of the city. Heck they bus Chinese tourists in on daily side trips for the explicit reason of visiting the seedy parts of the city. It's not that those other things to do or see are bad, it's just there are better examples everywhere else in the country. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Rule number one for ping pong shows. Make sure your open glass drink and your face are not in direct or close proximity of the projectile being shot out of the cave cannon. You may regret having to buy a new drink or wipe the sticky slimy ball crud off your face. They are excellent shots. 

Went to one of these in CM(the old star Sixx) and the old lady(ugh) opened a beer bottle(you know where) and she handed the beer to a guy i was with, who then drank from that same bottle(urp)...never again

I also remember her gave her 10 baht coin tip (tucked in) and that was enough for me, i left him there

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Went to one of these in CM(the old star Sixx) and the old lady(ugh) opened a beer bottle(you know where) and she handed the beer to a guy i was with, who then drank from that same bottle(urp)...never again

I also remember her gave her 10 baht coin tip (tucked in) and that was enough for me, i left him there

Yeah remember that place here. My story comes from Patpong and taking some USA visitors there. Yuck but so so funny.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed on the Yuck factor, I even talked to the old ping pong lady asking if she enjoyed doing this, as it seems to go along with once you choose this kind of work , it cancels future prospects.....once was enough for me..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not been to Thailand but been to some of the surrounding countries! Through a connection I have learned a lot about Thailand in the last 18 months. So based on all that Thailand is NOT paradise many would like us to believe! Lot's of desperate people, badly managed government, a playboy king that spends more time abroad than in Thailand, scams and fraud etc., etc! It is the "playground" for many! Investment for the Chinese and sex for many from Arab countries and party place for Americans, Australians and Brits! The more I learn about Thailand the less I want to pay 2500 plus USD just to enter the country then experience whatever it has to offer! While desperate for tourist currency it makes up huge barriers not experienced in other countries or continents! I.E. I can got to Europe for 90 days, no visa, no health insurance required, no Certificate of Entry I have to apply for, no quaranteen (and if there is one it can be spent at a residence or hotel of choice etc). It is my opinion that Thailand is cutting it's foot off to achieve it's percieved goal! Horribly mismanaged! Well.... just one person's opinin!!! Tell me that I am wrong!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Agreed on the Yuck factor, I even talked to the old ping pong lady asking if she enjoyed doing this, as it seems to go along with once you choose this kind of work , it cancels future prospects.....once was enough for me..

Yeah, it has to be niche type of work. Nana Plaza had some odd ball shows on the top level and they were rather young girls who did not look so bad. The PP ones were an OMG so haggard old and even the younger ones looked like something the cat drug in. Since I had to translate for my US associates, it was definitely a no you cannot sit by me or my friends and no you cannot pass go. Here is a drink as a consolation gift, but i did pull a funny fast one and had one of the gals sit by the youngest guys for a big laugh. I must admit though, it was a memory everyone of my USA associates will remember for the rest of their lives. and yes it was an odd weird kind of fun. I just remember laughing my head off dodging the ping pong balls and looking at my friends faces. This was probably 4 years back and everyone was here for a function and so Bangkok is the entertainment spot. PP has really hit the lows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, it has to be niche type of work. Nana Plaza had some odd ball shows on the top level and they were rather young girls who did not look so bad. The PP ones were an OMG so haggard old and even the younger ones looked like something the cat drug in. Since I had to translate for my US associates, it was definitely a no you cannot sit by me or my friends and no you cannot pass go. Here is a drink as a consolation gift, but i did pull a funny fast one and had one of the gals sit by the youngest guys for a big laugh. I must admit though, it was a memory everyone of my USA associates will remember for the rest of their lives. and yes it was an odd weird kind of fun. I just remember laughing my head off dodging the ping pong balls and looking at my friends faces. This was probably 4 years back and everyone was here for a function and so Bangkok is the entertainment spot. PP has really hit the lows.

Some things you can never unsee.....this being one

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a sad sad situation where you need to post comments on how the behave in Thailand. Thais are human like everywhere. There is no reason to behave any differently to how you are anywhere in the world. If Thais can’t understand they live in a global world where 40 million people (75% of their population and at leat 15% of their GDP) brought economic wealth to their country, then forget it! Why should anyone change to meet their way? Reality is it’s all BS anyway. Thais are just like anyone else in the world. Everything else is just a “Thai marketing load of BS”. Thais are no different to anyone in the world. Everything else is just “ land of smiles” marketing. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use