News Forum - Thailand unites for eco-friendly transformation of rice farming

Thaiger

A cohesive effort to revolutionise Thailand’s rice farming industry has been forged, with a collective aim to modernise traditional farming methods towards environmentally friendly practices. This initiative is targeted at preserving biodiversity and enhancing the overall ecosystem across the varied landscapes of the nation. This recent synergy saw the collaboration of governmental bodies, the public, … …

The story Thailand unites for eco-friendly transformation of rice farming as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thank you for piquing my interest.  A lifelong city boy I understood the facts that the rice farming industry in Thailand has some problems and that the Rice Department has a plan to eleviate som of those problems...

I googled and came up with SRI System of Rice Intensification.  This is a very detailed article about the system which was birthed in the 1980's. I delare my hope that ISRL will be successful

https://freerice.com/blog/heres-why-sustainable-rice-cultivation-better-environment#:~:text=SRI is an innovative and,nutrients%2C and controlled water usage.