News Forum - Phuket launches free electric bus to drive sustainable tourism

Thaiger

Phuket is gearing up for a greener future with the launch of a free air-conditioned electric bus service in the heart of the city. Scheduled to accelerate on May 9, this eco-friendly initiative is driven by a collaboration between local companies under the banner of PKCD and the Sustainable Tourism Development Foundation. The announcement for … …

The story Phuket launches free electric bus to drive sustainable tourism as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How long time before the mafia controls it, just like Bolt has been taken over by mafia in Chonburi and Rayong?

5 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

How long time before the mafia controls it, just like Bolt has been taken over by mafia in Chonburi and Rayong?

Well I guess you could look at the fact there is already a bus service in Phuket that has zero issues (except that it doesn't carry that many people)

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Well I guess you could look at the fact there is already a bus service in Phuket that has zero issues (except that it doesn't carry that many people)

It hasn't been well publicized. When I was at the airport last December, the bus wasn't easy to locate. I wanted to take it to try it since it had a drop off on patong's beach road. My friend was disgusted by my suggestion. Thai people do not walk down the street dragging luggage. Why was I so low class? Everyone would stare at me.  Instead, we took a taxi, and the driver couldn't find his way to one of the largest buildings in the city and we then had to drag our luggage down the road because the driver had missed the soi and couldn't go back. 

1 hour ago, Vigo said:

It hasn't been well publicized. When I was at the airport last December, the bus wasn't easy to locate. I wanted to take it to try it since it had a drop off on patong's beach road. My friend was disgusted by my suggestion. Thai people do not walk down the street dragging luggage. Why was I so low class? Everyone would stare at me.  Instead, we took a taxi, and the driver couldn't find his way to one of the largest buildings in the city and we then had to drag our luggage down the road because the driver had missed the soi and couldn't go back. 

The bus is right by where the metred taxis is

But yes, not well publicized....

And the bus is not that big

I wanted to try it last year but all the sests were filled and I didn't want to stand for 45-50mins

As for your friend not being impressed....

I told my wife I am going to take the BKK airport link to BTS this week when I land in Bangkok 

Let's just say she was not impressed 5555