News Forum - Post retirement in Thailand: Navigating benefits and lifestyle for expats

Thaiger

Understanding post-retirement benefits is essential for retirees, given the ever-changing landscape of retirement plans. It’s important to be aware of the options available, particularly in regions such as Thailand, to navigate the complexities effectively. Understanding each post retirement benefits Navigating the landscape of post retirement benefits reveals a variety of options designed to support individuals … …

The story Post retirement in Thailand: Navigating benefits and lifestyle for expats as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

An interesting article which would have put me off retiring here if I'd sat and gone through all those points and considerations, I'm so glad I came here in ignorance instead and haven't regretted a minute of the last six years living here. 

No mention of the Non-O visa in the article, it implied the O-A was the visa to get. For me there was no contest as the Non-O I personally found easier as it didn't require mandatory health insurance and didn't require renewal in my home Country (not sure if that's still the case).

I think anyone reading the article should take what they want from it but appreciate it doesn't have to be that complicated retiring in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

No mention of the Non-O visa in the article, it implied the O-A was the visa to get. For me there was no contest as the Non-O I personally found easier as it didn't require mandatory health insurance and didn't require renewal in my home Country (not sure if that's still the case).

I've never renewed by Non O permission to stay anywhere but here.  I didn't even get my original visa in my home country, but in Penang.

I find the Non O to be easier, as well, but then my wife is an immigration paperwork expert and handles it all.

The article feels like it was generated with an AI program, like ChatGPT.  It just has that smell.