News Forum - Jetstar flight fiasco: Passengers grounded as 24 hour delays soar

Thaiger

Jetstar Airways faced criticism from passengers when a flight from Bangkok to Singapore was delayed by more than 24 hours. The low-budget airline came under fire after 161 passengers found themselves stranded at Suvarnabhumi International Airport on Wednesday, March 13. Passengers were scheduled to board Jetstar Asia flight 3K516 for a 1.35pm departure, Singapore time, … …

The story Jetstar flight fiasco: Passengers grounded as 24 hour delays soar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

51 minutes ago, Vigo said:

You get what you pay for. 

My wife and I flew Jetstar once in Vietnam

Will never fly them again 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The low-budget airline

A new category emerges. Next will be "Ultra-budget".

• Angry 1

14 hours ago, Vigo said:

You get what you pay for. 

Ah yes blame the less fortunate who can't afford the same stuff as you can bossman.

1 hour ago, Wackamole said:

Ah yes blame the less fortunate who can't afford the same stuff as you can bossman.

To a certain extent, yes. These consumers demand the lowest price airfare and  many still expect the service that accompanies full service, higher fare airlines. The people on trip packages had the option of purchasing travel delay insurance. If they did not, then they are self insured.   If you cannot afford to travel, including allowances for flight disruptions and delays don't travel. These people don't wish to live within their means. Fine, then they must accept the risks that accompany with that lifestyle choice. 

If they want the option of alternative flights, then they must select an airline that is in a code share alliance, and/or that has the flight frequencies. An airline that is flying with full loads and with a limited schedule on a route isn't going to be able to offer better than the next available flight. 24 hours on a route like this and with an aircraft that went technical, was not unreasonable.  

• Like 1

Jetstar, known as One star by many kiwis and Aussies, is the budget airline spinoff off from Qantas. Best avoided IMHO.  Both of!

I suffered my 1st ever flight cancellation recently though it was with a full service airline and I was ultimately very happy with the outcome.  Booked via Cathay Pacific on 4 sectors, the 3rd long haul was to be operated by AirNZ.  Their 787 was pulled out of service likely due to lack of Trent 1000 engine spares and my flight brought forward by a day.  A minor inconvenience but hey, i got to fly Cathays beautiful A350 with attractive crew and food, instead.  Their craft beers, The Betsy, and Gweilo, are an excellent addition to the economy long haul service.

Not one stranded

If they are in such a hurry why not purchiss another airline ticket with Singapore?