News Forum - Neighbour’s pit bull goes on rampage, seriously injures woman

Thaiger

In a chilling incident captured on CCTV in Chiang Mai’s Sansai district, a ferocious male pit bull, approximately 10 years old, launched a horrifying assault on a 30 year old woman, leaving her arm perilously close to being severed. The footage reveals the pit bull viciously attacking the woman, only halted by the intervention of … …

The story Neighbour’s pit bull goes on rampage, seriously injures woman as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

These people will never learn. There have been numerous such cases that involved Pit bulls attacking and injuring people. Yet then still keep on breeding it. May be it is time the authorities have to make it illegal to own pit bull as pets. 

• Like 1

These dogs are killers, several countries are now banning the owning of them, Thailand has a problem with the morons that think having a dog like that is a status symbol of sorts, unfortunately it’s not restricted to Thailand either it’s usually young men with a delinquent mentality with no sense or responsibility of the potential consequences of one of these dogs attacking somebody, especially a child. 

39 minutes ago, Smiler said:

These dogs are killers, several countries are now banning the owning of them, Thailand has a problem with the morons that think having a dog like that is a status symbol of sorts, unfortunately it’s not restricted to Thailand either it’s usually young men with a delinquent mentality with no sense or responsibility of the potential consequences of one of these dogs attacking somebody, especially a child. 

The dogs are bad in bad hands

Pit bulls are perfectly safe, downright docile, if in the hands of a good owner

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Yet then still keep on breeding it. May be it is time the authorities have to make it illegal to own pit bull as pets. 

It is not the dogs that are the problem but poor owners.

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'm not attacking you personally but this narrative that when a pitbull mauls someone it was just in the hands of a bad owner begs the question - why do bad owners always seem to have pitbulls? I'm being hyperbolic but if shit heads only ever own pitbulls, it says a lot about the breed.

The rebuttal is always something like "yes but golden retrievers bite more than pitbulls!" Sure, but they rarely, if ever, kill the victim.

I'm not a fan of pitbull bans but I'm also not a fan of gun bans or book bans or bans on things that offend or, when in the wrong hands, can be harmful, but until there is a better solution (mandatory training perhaps?), what must be done must be done.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

The dogs are bad in bad hands

Game bloodline. Aggressive and vicious. In the dog-fight pit, a proven killer.

Take one pup from the mum at 8 weeks.

Can it be raised docile and safe?

Edited by Mamachigawa

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I'm not attacking you personally but this narrative that when a pitbull mauls someone it was just in the hands of a bad owner begs the question - why do bad owners always seem to have pitbulls? I'm being hyperbolic but if shit heads only ever own pitbulls, it says a lot about the breed.

The reason bad owners seem to have them have them is these often are the type that want a dangerous looking dog, encourage aggression. Like an accessory.

Do you often see a biker gangster covered in tattoos with a poodle or chihuahua, like some girl who is looking to show a different image?

Edited by Mamachigawa
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mamachigawa said:

Do you often see a biker gangster covered in tattoos with a poodle or chihuahua, like some girl who is looking to show a different image?

I'm not being sarcastic but yes, I do. Quite often, in fact. But they're likely being ironic.

2 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

I can answer that question. My brother, who is not your stereotypical pit bull owner, has one. How he came to own one I’ll never know. However, his dog is the most placid thing you’ll ever encounter. You’re more likely to be beaten to death by his wagging tail than by him attacking you. My wife, who is weary of all breeds of dogs, is fine around him. If you were to characterise all pit bulls by him, you would draw the conclusion that they their purpose in life is to eat and sleep. 

10 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

I can answer that question. My brother, who is not your stereotypical pit bull owner, has one. How he came to own one I’ll never know. However, his dog is the most placid thing you’ll ever encounter. You’re more likely to be beaten to death by his wagging tail than by him attacking you. My wife, who is weary of all breeds of dogs, is fine around him. If you were to characterise all pit bulls by him, you would draw the conclusion that they their purpose in life is to eat and sleep. 

This dog might not came from a bloodline breeding  for the purpose of dog-fighting and agressiveness

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

There are 1000's and 1000's raised docile and safe.....

So yes

6 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

The rebuttal is always something like "yes but golden retrievers bite more than pitbulls!" Sure, but they rarely, if ever, kill the victim.

I'm not a fan of pitbull bans but I'm also not a fan of gun bans or book bans or bans on things that offend or, when in the wrong hands, can be harmful, but until there is a better solution (mandatory training perhaps?), what must be done must be done.

Bad owners make bad dogs

I live in an apartment building and two of those "hot dog" dogs terroize the building 

And the gay couple that own them are assh*les that have never trained their dogs and do barely anything to correct them

I was just at the brewery with my dog and we met and awesome lady with a great 9 month old "hot dog " that she came up and asked if she could intro her dog to mine because she was trying tp socialize him

Same breed, two complete different owners and two complete different dogs

• Like 1