News Forum - Speeding motorcycle crash in Chaiyaphum kills two teens

Thaiger

A tragic motorcycle accident claimed the lives of two young girls and left another in critical condition on March 10. The incident, which took place near the community of Modindaeng in Chaiyaphum province, was recorded by a CCTV camera, highlighting the dangers of not wearing a helmet while riding. The CCTV footage revealed three girls … …

The story Speeding motorcycle crash in Chaiyaphum kills two teens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

One more for the statistic. Does it going to create any awareness......I doubt so...

7 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

One more for the statistic. Does it going to create any awareness......I doubt so...

Maybe the investigation will reveal that young children shouldn't be allowed to drive motorcycles 

9 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Maybe the investigation will reveal that young children shouldn't be allowed to drive motorcycles 

Well, my friend, you must be joking. Just see the amount of accident, especially that involves motorcycle and young kids on the road in Thailand. It is almost everday in the news. Well that is what reported. What about those unreported cases? This is not going to make any changes unless they implement the law strictly. Put the owner of the vehicle behind bars should a minor die due negligence. I have been riding from the Southern Tip to the Norther tip and from Eastern tip to the Western tip. Every where I go, I see minors riding motorcycle without helmets and further more than 2 on a small motorcycle sqeezing to the seat. And further going against the traffic along the edges. Do you think it is going to change? Not in 100 years to come. 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:00 AM, Ramanathan.P said:

Well, my friend, you must be joking. Just see the amount of accident, especially that involves motorcycle and young kids on the road in Thailand. It is almost everday in the news. Well that is what reported. What about those unreported cases? This is not going to make any changes unless they implement the law strictly. Put the owner of the vehicle behind bars should a minor die due negligence. I have been riding from the Southern Tip to the Norther tip and from Eastern tip to the Western tip. Every where I go, I see minors riding motorcycle without helmets and further more than 2 on a small motorcycle sqeezing to the seat. And further going against the traffic along the edge. Do you think it is going to change? Not in 100 years to come. 

I like how people are free.  It is amazing how many people can fit on a "family" scooter.  Against the traffic on the edges is sometimes the only way to get around.. If you are not moving on a motorcycle in Thailand you are doing something wrong.  I am not joking.  Driving a motorcycle in Thailand is very dangerous.  It accounts for the very high injury/death statistics.   

10 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Driving a motorcycle in Thailand is very dangerous.  It accounts for the very high injury/death statistics.   

Driving motorcycle is dangerous if one doesn't follow the safe riding principles and proper gears. If you realize that most of the accidents occure during wee hours of the day. And almost all are due to speeding and without proper safety riding gears. And accidents are common in big cities due to the hectic life style. So when riding and enjoying the ride,it is good to avoid such big cities as there is nothing much in cities except smoke, heat, concrete buildings and running people as if they have missed something in their life. Have a nice day..