Why Thailand is the center of sex tourism?

genobkk

I have been keeping up with the news regularly, and what I see mostly revolves around scams and sex tourism. It seems like Thailand is not as good as it used to be, especially these days. What I see now is only bad things, what happened to Thailand? 

2 hours ago, genobkk said:

I have been keeping up with the news regularly, and what I see mostly revolves around scams and sex tourism. It seems like Thailand is not as good as it used to be, especially these days. What I see now is only bad things, what happened to Thailand? 

Oh it's you again.  Why don't you put away the computer and just disappear. I doubt that anyone is at all interested in your views mate 

• Like 1

Not a hub anymore.  Apart from the low life's that spend all their free time in Pattaya soi 6, its fairly restrained nowadays. I would put Cambodia, the Philippines and Columbia well ahead of Thailand.  This website puts it at number 4 , but I would put it at around number 7 or 8. 

https://www.cnbctv18.com/photos/travel/destinations/10-popular-sex-tourism-destinations-in-the-world-frequented-by-women-and-men-17633781-4.htm

47 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Apart from the low life's that spend all their free time in Pattaya soi 6, its fairly restrained nowadays.

I only go there on Wednesday afternoon's for the Wok Wednesday Chinese specials in The Queen Victoria (honest).

59 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Not a hub anymore.  Apart from the low life's that spend all their free time in Pattaya soi 6, its fairly restrained nowadays. I would put Cambodia, the Philippines and Columbia well ahead of Thailand.  This website puts it at number 4 , but I would put it at around number 7 or 8. 

https://www.cnbctv18.com/photos/travel/destinations/10-popular-sex-tourism-destinations-in-the-world-frequented-by-women-and-men-17633781-4.htm

I was all over Colombia and I only saw a few girls in Cartegena

Medellin I didn't see it at all

It definitely isn't as in your face as Thailand 

The one place in Latin America that rivals Thailand would be Costa Rica 

Dominican I have only seen it out in the open in one town

And it very out and the open there.....

And not for the faint of heart, I would say

PS...I've never partook down in Latin America 

My travel buddy did and I have been with him in the bars 

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

After visiting Pattaya just now after a year away, I was surprised to see how much the girl bars have proliferated. It's well beyond pre covid years..

I thought that Thai economics made it less necessary for so many girls to work the bars but post covid austerity and a massive influx of elderly and middle shed Russians seems to have brought about a massive resurgence in the industry.

On 2/17/2024 at 4:04 PM, genobkk said:

Scams, sex, violence, deceit, infidelity, greed, corruption, political drama, and 6'10" lady boys scratching each others' eyes out on Beach Road, is the usual fodder competing for your clicks/views in order to keep the website's paying advertisers on-side.   They curate and present it in highly concentrated volume, so over time you'd be forgiven for thinking the whole world is on its head.  There's no nefarious intent - well, there is by some of them for sure - it's just about money and market share.

Internet Derangement Syndrome (IDS) infected me when I first came here years ago, sat in front of ThaiVisa day after day looking at "the news".   Idle time, idle mind.  After a few years, I questioned going to the USA at all anymore, because "the news" made it sound like the place was going off the rails everyday.  I went anyway, traveled all around, and guess what happened to me? 

Nothing. 

Didn't get accosted by liberal transvestites, attacked by Mexican cartel or black street gang members, didn't get stopped, harassed or shot by police, or by a deranged video game-playing teenager with a machine gun and grenade launcher.   Wasn't asked which political party I like, or don't like, and somehow managed to avoid being cancelled by a blonde haired helicopter Mom shouting about gluten free peanuts.  Despite all the breathless reporting by some "news" platforms about people leaving in droves for greener pastures, the traffic during morning and evening drive time was slightly more than I remember when I lived there in the rat race.  General cost of things was more  but that's about the same all over the world, including Thailand in relative terms over time.  

It was an underwhelming 2 months, and that reminded me that the internet ought to have a mental health warning label.  Next time you reach for the internet crack pipe, just say, "No".  As many quip here, unplug and go do something else.  Whatever you do, don't meet up with a bunch of other bored farang internet cynics suffering from IDS, to regurgitate and argue about all the s**t you just spent hours rolling around in on-line.  It's like stabbing yourself in the eye with a steak knife, over and over again. 

Recognize the brain trap, avoid it, and you will feel better and less agitated after a while. :classic_rolleyes:

9 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Scams, sex, violence, deceit, infidelity, greed, corruption, political drama, and 6'10" lady boys scratching each others' eyes out on Beach Road, is the usual fodder competing for your clicks/views in order to keep the website's paying advertisers on-side.   They curate and present it in highly concentrated volume, so over time you'd be forgiven for thinking the whole world is on its head.  There's no nefarious intent - well, there is by some of them for sure - it's just about money and market share.

Internet Derangement Syndrome (IDS) infected me when I first came here years ago, sat in front of ThaiVisa day after day looking at "the news".   Idle time, idle mind.  After a few years, I questioned going to the USA at all anymore, because "the news" made it sound like the place was going off the rails everyday.  I went anyway, traveled all around, and guess what happened to me? 

Nothing. 

Didn't get accosted by liberal transvestites, attacked by Mexican cartel or black street gang members, didn't get stopped, harassed or shot by police, or by a deranged video game-playing teenager with a machine gun and grenade launcher.   Wasn't asked which political party I like, or don't like, and somehow managed to avoid being cancelled by a blonde haired helicopter Mom shouting about gluten free peanuts.  Despite all the breathless reporting by some "news" platforms about people leaving in droves for greener pastures, the traffic during morning and evening drive time was slightly more than I remember when I lived there in the rat race.  General cost of things was more  but that's about the same all over the world, including Thailand in relative terms over time.  

It was an underwhelming 2 months, and that reminded me that the internet ought to have a mental health warning label.  Next time you reach for the internet crack pipe, just say, "No".  As many quip here, unplug and go do something else.  Whatever you do, don't meet up with a bunch of other bored farang internet cynics suffering from IDS, to regurgitate and argue about all the s**t you just spent hours rolling around in on-line.  It's like stabbing yourself in the eye with a steak knife, over and over again. 

Recognize the brain trap, avoid it, and you will feel better and less agitated after a while. :classic_rolleyes:

I agree and relate to this 100%

I am way too much online and way too much political atmospheric online 

And I am from US but don't live there but travel there frequently 

And I almost never encounter any political talk

Well I do, you will have people occosiaonlly make thier support for Trump known but it doesn't go any further than that if you don't engage

My family is pretty conservative and political but I sort of just brush off any political talk

In terms of elsewhere around the world 

I am a seasoned traveler and I read up on countries I am visiting then use my own judgement and travel experience to navigate anywhere