China’s national anthem possibly booed in Hong Kong, police investigate

Thaiger

Today, Hong Kong Police said they are going to launch an investigation into an alleged booing of China’s national anthem at a shopping centre that was broadcasting the city’s first Olympic gold medal win in a quarter of a century from earlier this week. On Monday, over 100 people gathered at the shopping centre to watch Cheung Ka Long accepting the Olympic men’s individual fencing title. Police say they have gotten many complaints that some people booed during the award ceremony as China’s national anthem was playing, says local media. Reportedly, some of the crowd proclaimed, “We are Hong Kong”, says the […]

The post China’s national anthem possibly booed in Hong Kong, police investigate appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

IMO it should be booed at every opportunity, nobody should have any respect for the CCP anthem, the CCP being responsible for the deaths of a least 60 million of their own people and lately of course the virus they infested the world with. Their continued bullying of other nations and blackmail via trade, against Australia or anyone who dares to question them, along with the oppression of HK and fake claims against the Republic of China are more reason to despise this disgusting anthem.

The first line is quite ironic of course

'Arise, ye who refuse to be slaves'

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/n/nationalanthemlyrics/chinanationalanthemlyrics.html

Edited by thai3

Boo Hoo Hoo. Gotta love and respect true Hong Kong folk who despise the real evil devil who suppress their lives in what should not be any part of China. Down with the CCP.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tea said:

Make an effort to stop buying products and services from China...yes it's not easy to do, but do so when and where you can

I have been doing this for a while now. Some China made things are nearly impossible to avoid at the moment, but anything else that I can avoid I do. I will even pay a little more for to not buy from China.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

I have been doing this for a while now. Some China made things are nearly impossible to avoid at the moment, but anything else that I can avoid I do. I will even pay a little more for to not buy from China.

I have been doing the same and managed to convince the wifey to do so as well. Even though it does cost a bit more sometimes, i think it evens out from a quality perspective.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Well this should help reduce anti-Asian hate crimes

Ru saying that I should love my Thai wife? I can try though.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police say they have gotten many complaints that some people booed during the award ceremony as China’s national anthem was playing,

Seems not all Hong Kongers agree with the Sinophobes on here.

• Haha 2