News Forum - Thailand domestic boarding regulations tighten

Thaiger

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) revealed new regulations for non-Thai passengers taking domestic flights in Thailand. Effective from January 16, the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) tightened control on the boarding pass and ID checks. The CAAT laid down the law, demanding an exact match between the name on the boarding pass and … …

The story Thailand domestic boarding regulations tighten as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Good move to have a control on those who are overstaying in the country and travelling internally. Better introduce it for land transport also. Especially travel between provinces. 

The airline prefer foreigner passports but if you dont have it for a valid reason a Thai DL is OK

2 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

The airline prefer foreigner passports but if you dont have it for a valid reason a Thai DL is OK

"Going to Pattaya, Miss, dont wanna loose my passport, while walking the beach at  night. You understand, dsching maai?

• Like 1

None of this is new.  ID and boarding card name checks, is an ICAO Regulation for all public transport flights, domestic or international, for those countries signed up to the ICAO Convention.  Thailand is signed up, so should have been following the regulation for all public transport flights.  As far as I know, they have been doing so for years. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Yes, have, digital in smartphone.

Did you bother to read the full story?thai-dl.jpg.60e38f9e8b4f4ba0381fc73a52924aa1.jpg

Another picture permanent in my phone!

Yes I did read it, and yes, foreigners CAN use their Pink Card or Driving Licence as ID for flights.

But it is still against the 'law' to NOT carry Passport at all times.

On 1/17/2024 at 8:33 PM, Ramanathan.P said:

Good move to have a control on those who are overstaying in the country and travelling internally. Better introduce it for land transport also. Especially travel between provinces. 

My house lies directly on the border between two provinces, house in one and garden in another. 555

3 hours ago, WilliamG said:

My house lies directly on the border between two provinces, house in one and garden in another. 555

Like a village in northern Belgium backed up to the Dutchies

4 hours ago, Mamachigawa said:

Like a village in northern Belgium backed up to the Dutchies

Well something similar I suppose.

• Haha 1