News Forum - Chinese tourist tricked into purchasing 1.4 million baht counterfeit Hermes handbag in Bangkok

Thaiger

After being duped into purchasing a counterfeit Hermes crocodile leather handbag from a seller in Bangkok’s Ratchaprasong district, a Chinese tourist expressed frustration over the lack of a government agency to protect tourists’ rights. The victim, 27 year old Deng, wife of a Singapore-based Chinese businessman, enlisted a lawyer to report the incident to the … …

The story Chinese tourist tricked into purchasing 1.4 million baht counterfeit Hermes handbag in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Something about this story is like, very funny.

come to Thailand and tricked to buy a fake bag from China 

• Haha 1

I thought the funny part was paying $40,000 for a purse but i see your point 😆

imagine what her husband (her slightly poorer husband) will be thinking. At least Thai gold diggers buy actual gold

• Haha 1

Bought a fake.... in Thailand. Hands up anyone that hasn't. And buying off Instagram, Facebook and the like is just asking for trouble. 

• Like 1

Maybe the Chinese should complain to their own government where many of these fakes are made due to China completely flouting international copyright laws. 

• Like 1

"Hands up anyone that hasn't."
Oh really?

In > than two decades living here, don't believe I ever have!   5555555555555555555

China just back got one trillionth of the bad karma owed it from decades of doing the same.  May the remaining bad karma find its way to its cosmic owner as soon as possible.

15 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Should have had it authenticated before forking over the dough.

They did …. They were supplied with a document of provenance from Khao San Road.

13 hours ago, Boonmee said:

"Hands up anyone that hasn't."
Oh really?

In > than two decades living here, don't believe I ever have!   5555555555555555555

That wasn't beef on that Big Mac you ate ..