News Forum - British tourist’s lost wallet returned by Thai hotel worker

Thaiger

A British holidaymaker on Koh Samui Island in Thailand is set to return home with a pleasant memory following a hotel worker’s return of his lost wallet during the new year celebrations. The wallet was found on Bophut Beach by Pakdee Trirat, an employee at the Holiday Inn Samui, amidst the festivities on the night … …

The story British tourist’s lost wallet returned by Thai hotel worker as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

With his wife leaving him sudden-like and with little regard for his welfare, I can imagine just what she caught him at.  SHAME !  
As for the former Brit,  very fortunate indeed.  Probably a 1 in 50 chance of someone honest enough to do that. Hopefully a hefty reward was forthcoming. Kudos to the honesty of the Thai gentleman.

• Like 1

Fair play to the Thai Chap hopefully Mr Davies gave him at least half the cash in the wallet as a gesture of good will.

• Like 1

Well done to that honest hotel employee. I hope there was a suitable reward for his honesty forthcoming.

• Like 1

My wife found a Japanese guy's wallet right outside Nana Plaza

It had about 10k baht and all his ID's and cards

I privately messsged him on Facebook but he never replied

Given where we found it, I didn't want to push it futher

So I held onto it for my 3 week holiday 

Then gave away the money to a soi dog charity and cut up the cards 

That’s brilliant, great to hear. 

tbh though I think that the farangs in Thailand would be just as likely to nick that wallet as the locals. 

On 1/5/2024 at 4:21 PM, BJoe said:

With his wife leaving him sudden-like and with little regard for his welfare, I can imagine just what she caught him at.  SHAME !  
As for the former Brit,  very fortunate indeed.  Probably a 1 in 50 chance of someone honest enough to do that. Hopefully a hefty reward was forthcoming. Kudos to the honesty of the Thai gentleman.

Actually, contrary to popular belief the odds are far more favourable. Seems we are a lot more honest than what we lead ourselves to believe.

I once lost my wallet during the pandemic.

It contains 20000 baht.

Loosing the money is not that critical but loosing the bank cards, drivers license, etc is really a big problem during the lock down.