News Forum - Gunkul Engineering targets 25 billion baht to fund renewable energy projects

Thaiger

Gunkul Engineering Plc, a leading renewables developer and construction company, announced intentions to generate 20.8-25 billion baht (US$607 million-730 million) through fundraising. The raised funds are earmarked for the development of 17 renewable energy initiatives, as part of the government’s 5.2-gigawatt renewable scheme. The company’s chief financial officer, Thitipong Techaratanayuenyong, disclosed the plans. In the … …

The story Gunkul Engineering targets 25 billion baht to fund renewable energy projects as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If the government would make it feasible for me to sell back my excess solar-generated energy to the grid, then I would take its mega-scheme a bit more seriously.

This was possible to do in Australia over 20 years ago, and Thailand always claims it is so advanced.

But, true to form, the authorities here have a horror of individuals horning in on what they prefer to be a big business franchise.