News Forum - Despite conflict, Thai labourers eye Israel’s farmlands for higher wages

Thaiger

The escalating conflict between Israel and the Palestinian militant group, Hamas, hasn’t deterred Thai labourers from seeking employment in Israel’s farmlands. Their decision to remain or return to work in Israel is primarily driven by the substantial financial benefits they can accrue. Satid Prom-u-narot, 37 years old, highlighted the stark disparity in wages between the … …

The story Despite conflict, Thai labourers eye Israel’s farmlands for higher wages as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Go to an active war zone but make sure they agree to waive future war related Thai government assistance. 

I would imagine when this war is finally brought to an end, the Israeli’s will want lots of help because I’d be surprised if they allow Gaza’s people back into their country and who can blame them. 

Maybe I missed the Thai government’s condemnation of the recent Hamas attack which killed thousands of innocent civilians and took many more hostages.  Those hostages included many foreign workers of which a significant amount were Thais. 

6 hours ago, BJoe said:

Maybe I missed the Thai government’s condemnation of the recent Hamas attack which killed thousands of innocent civilians and took many more hostages.  Those hostages included many foreign workers of which a significant amount were Thais. 

You didn't miss it.  They have said nothing.

• Like 1