News Forum - British tourist drugged and raped on Koh Tao

Thaiger

A 30 year old British tourist has broken her silence about a harrowing incident on Thailand‘s infamous Koh Tao, dubbed Death Island for its dark history. The tourist, named Marijke, was drugged, raped, and abandoned in the middle of nowhere. Marijke recounted the traumatic experience. “I remember taking a sip from a bucket, and a … …

The story British tourist drugged and raped on Koh Tao as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In a brave move, Marijke has chosen to lift the veil of anonymity, urging other potential victims to come forward. Reflecting on her ordeal, she expressed concern that the man she encountered might have preyed on more women.

Not brave, useless.  What is the point now, after all these years, if indeed it happened at all. A pointless news article.   

• Like 4

Meetoo, 10 years after? Oh, right, that was what meetoo is about!

Btw.: Why there is this picture in use? That is not Koh Tao, that ist Nang Yuan.

Most people see that just from the dive boats. 

Perhaps, b/c it is a resort on that  island?

In case you wanna warn people, real Koh Tao pictures could do that better?

• Haha 1

I think this is the most garbled piece of journalism I've read fro a long time.

When did it occur? It should be made clear right from the start in the headlines, not buried in the text.

"Koh Tao gained notoriety after 60 Brits died mysteriously from 2014 to 2016." - SERIOUSLY????

She woke up alone in the middle of nowhere except for the "dutchman"????

Koh Tao has a very controversial reputation and there are loads of unanswered questions about the place ut the last thing they need is this ridiculously written piece of journalism.

• 3 weeks later...

I've lived in Koh Tao for the past 15 years. Absolute nonsense that 60 Brits have died mysteriously. There were 2 in 2014. Great place to be. Safe, friendly, haunted only by clickbait.