News Forum - Airborne pollutants rise prompts health alert in Thailand

Thaiger

A surge in respiratory issues is anticipated as airborne pollutants are predicted to rise in the forthcoming weeks across Thailand, prompting a critical directive from the Ministry of Public Health to all national public hospitals. The directive mandates these hospitals to ready themselves to handle the expected increase in health problems. Deteriorating air quality was … …

The story Airborne pollutants rise prompts health alert in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Since the start of 2023, authorities have recorded around 2.4 million people suffering from smog-related ailments, like respiratory difficulties, dermatitis, eye irritation, and sore throats. Air pollution has been a defining feature of life in Thailand for quite some time, making for some harrowing stories.

PM2.5 air pollution was behind approximately 29,000 deaths in Thailand in 2021, according to a Greenpeace Southeast Asia analysis of IQAirdata. The number of air pollution-related deaths per capita in Thailand last year exceeded those from road accidents, drug use and homicide combined, a new report finds.

The problem is it affects the very young and old. I am in the later. It was so bad for me I had to leave my GF of over 10 years , everything I had bought. Luckily I had the funds to relocate to a clean country. When I was younger I had problems but not life threatening. After age 65 I started suffering, and it got worse every year after that.

Edited by garyknrd