US government to donate 2.5 million vaccine doses to Thailand

Thaiger

As a US citizen required to pay for medicare and file a tax return and pay taxes if required, one would think the US government would make one of the conditions to make the vaccine available to citizens resident in Thailand as various other governments have done.

This also applies to the UK. This only reinforces the idea of bums in Armani suits!

I read about three weeks ago (sorry, can't remember where) that one of the conditions of U.S. vaccine donations was that 10% goes to U.S. citizens. The question now is, how are they going to be administered and exactly to whom? Wil the spouses and children of U.S. citizens be included?

4 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

According to a Thai PBS World report, the US has confirmed it will donate 2.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand. 

But they did not tell you it would be 2.5 Million doses of sinovac. It may or may not be, but no one has reported otherwise.

Yeah I noticed that too.. tha this why I read the entire article but is not mentioned at all, they probably send the crap they do not want

5 hours ago, Amvet said:

Medical personnel want the U.S. (not the Thai government)  to oversee the distribution of its U.S. vaccine donation to make sure the neediest people get vaccinated, not the politically connected or hi-so's, In contrast to China which sold over 10 million doses at over 500 baht per jab when Thailand could have bought AstraZenica for around 150 baht per. 

My two Sinovac innoculations were free, gratis.

I dont see the comparison in your post, sorry?

Talk to immigration find out how many are living in each province being 26 letters in the alphabet and 30 + days a month report to the immigration Bureau with the first letter of your last name bang the day of the month you get your shot the least they can do for getting 2 million doses free

On 7/29/2021 at 12:24 PM, spanawaybob said:

why wasn't there a condition attached to donations that american expats be given jabs first?  

Didn’t France and China have strings attached to donated vaccines for their citizens in Thailand ?

Whilst on the surface it appears a very humanitarian gesture, what President Pi55y pants in not disclosing is that there are millions of vaccines very close to their use by date, J&J, Pfizer, Moderna. Many have already been thrown in dumpsters.

8 hours ago, Guevara said:

Whilst on the surface it appears a very humanitarian gesture, what President Pi55y pants in not disclosing is that there are millions of vaccines very close to their use by date, J&J, Pfizer, Moderna. Many have already been thrown in dumpsters.

You can't blame the Government if part of the population doesn' want a vaccin out of a stupid political believe. The orange guy who said vaccination is BS was vaccinated in January.

45 minutes ago, Alavan said:

You can't blame the Government if part of the population doesn' want a vaccin out of a stupid political believe. The orange guy who said vaccination is BS was vaccinated in January.

That’s not true, never has been either. From Politico article March 16, 2021: “ I would recommend it,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo. “And I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”. Even the Biden press secretary publicly praised Trump over endorsing vaccination.