What's your favorite Christmas movie?

BlueSphinx

Mine is SCROOGED (1988) by Richard Donner.

Bill Murray is hilarious in his role as Frank Cross, an utterly cynical and selfish TV executive who gets haunted by three spirits bearing lessons on Christmas Eve

All around funny and feel-good movie!

• Like 2

Believe it or not, I’ve never seen that. Downloading it now 👍

My favorite would have to be “It’s a Wonderful Life” never gets old, even though it is. Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase as a favorite “modern” Christmas movie, a classic.

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

Believe it or not, I’ve never seen that. Downloading it now 👍

My favorite would have to be “It’s a Wonderful Life” never gets old, even though it is. Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase as a favorite “modern” Christmas movie, a classic.

And I didn't see that one, so will watch it tonight. 

Thanks for the tip!

And here's another favorite of mine > It's a Thanksgiving movie, but could as well be for Christmas. 

Steve Martin plays a Chicago advertising man, struggling to travel home from New York for Thanksgiving, with a lovable oaf of a shower-curtain-ring salesman as his only companion (played by John Candy) in this 1987 movie directed by John Hughes. 

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks for the reminder of a couple of great holiday movies.!

Watched again:

Scrooged!

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

Both were great and held up well with time.

Dogma.... watched half... well people like different things.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Must have seen this one four or five times, but not in the last 20 years. I knew they had to  get home for something, couldn't remember if it was Christmas or Thanksgiving 😃

Watched 'Scrooged' last night, straight into the top 10 for me, they don't make movies like that anymore.

I'll throw in Notting Hill, Elf and Bad Santa as well.

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Watched 'Scrooged' last night, straight into the top 10 for me, they don't make movies like that anymore.

I'll throw in Notting Hill, Elf and Bad Santa as well.

Yes, it's unfortunate but you are very right that they don't make movies like 'Scrooged' anymore. 

Do look up other movies with Bill Murray, when he is in the cast you normally can't go wrong for a nice movie experience.

I especially like the movies from the zany and totally unique director Wes Anderson in which Murray plays the lead role.

• The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
  • The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)

And if you didn't see them yet, Groundhog Day (1993} and What About Bob? (1991) are vintage Murray...

Note: I just found 'A Very Murray Christmas' (2015) by Sophia Coppola, and will save that for tonight. It got very mixed receptions by the critics, but as a Murray fan I will find out for myself...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Do look up other movies with Bill Murray, when he is in the cast you normally can't go wrong for a nice movie experience.

I just had a look at his filmography on wiki, I think I've seen most of them.

'Lost in Translation' and 'Groundhog Day' are probably my favorites. I've never seen What about Bob and will look into it 👍

'The Royal Tenenbaums' went over my head, I couldn't get into it. Perhaps my intellect is not refined enough 😂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was kid, there was a craze among us About Santa, we would sleep the night, and believe Santa would come and bring a gift from us. The very next day when we woke up we found a present below our pillow. 

Although we are young today the same belief was passed from generation to generation which makes our Christmas Day celebration so special. Here are some movies which are perfect for Christmas Eve as well as for the Holidays.

1.) Klaus (2019)
2.) Winnie the Pooh: A Very Merry Pooh Year (2002)
3.) Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
4.) Home Alone (1990)
5.) Jingle All The Way (1996)

• Cool 1