Chromecast in Thailand

Sparrows

Has anyone used a chromecast device in Thailand?

I was thinking of taking mine and connecting it up when I travel around. Not that I’ll be sitting around watching the telly all day, it’s just good to have and Thai cable isn’t the most exciting. 

Any pitfalls or access trouble? Would be glad to hear of any experiences.

Mine, bought in UK, worked fine over here, and still does. Many Smart TVs now have Chromecast built in.

I also have a Firestick which also does it's job over here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Mine, bought in UK, worked fine over here, and still does. Many Smart TVs now have Chromecast built in.

I also have a Firestick which also does it's job over here.

Taking your point; many people with smart TVs don't  know their capabilities, me included.  I was about to buy one of those Android set top boxes, until my Son pointed out that my smart  TV had that capability fitted in it already. Once connected to the internet, the smart TV is just one big assed computer/TV combo. 

• Like 3

For those who prefer free-up options wherever one happens to be, both Chromecast and Firestick can be easily configurated into one's mobile unit - laptop, notebook, tablets and phones. 

• Confused 2

I tried some Chinese made version of AndroidTV,

there were all crap, disaster

Go with FireStick,

Chromecast can be quite "sensitive" to WIFI poor connection

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, QECE said:

For those who prefer free-up options wherever one happens to be, both Chromecast and Firestick can be easily configurated into one's mobile unit - laptop, notebook, tablets and phones. 

Please explain. How can I get my Firestick into my phone?

On 12/21/2023 at 11:09 PM, butterfly said:

Go with FireStick,

Chromecast can be quite "sensitive" to WIFI poor connection

Oh well too late, already got the Chromecast. I was all set to get the Amazon 4K and then some geezer at the store told me Chromecast was the way to go.

I never know who to believe these days :)

2 hours ago, Sparrows said:

Oh well too late, already got the Chromecast. I was all set to get the Amazon 4K and then some geezer at the store told me Chromecast was the way to go.

I never know who to believe these days :)

Chromecast is more limited, need a phone to operate, or maybe the latest version has changed

FireStick has everything loaded, Netflix, PrimeVideo, Disney+ etc... and a remote control

it feels like a real TVbox,

Chromecast is not bad, just more phone oriented, or maybe the new version has a remote and comes pre-loaded with all the apps instead of using your phone to broadcast to your TV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 2:43 AM, butterfly said:

Chromecast is more limited, need a phone to operate, or maybe the latest version has changed

FireStick has everything loaded, Netflix, PrimeVideo, Disney+ etc... and a remote control

it feels like a real TVbox,

Chromecast is not bad, just more phone oriented, or maybe the new version has a remote and comes pre-loaded with all the apps instead of using your phone to broadcast to your TV

Thank you for the reply. My Chromecast is all set up. I still like the generic smart tv interface I already had before i got it. 

The chromecast keeps recommending all sorts of crap im not interested in even after i go into the settings. 

It has a remote, which works okay.

The acid test will be when I travel with it