Annual retirement extension: What if old, sick, lame??

Larry_50

To do the annual retirement extension, what if I can't walk into the Immigration office.  Can't even use wheel chair, because confined to bed at home.

Not hospital, not under any special doctor's care, just old, sick and lame.

How to handle yearly retirement extension application ??

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

... get an agent. 

Aye, and there's the rub, Pinetree ... finding an agent.

Lots of posts here asking for referrals to a reliable agent.  But helpful replies are scarce.

So, the question remains:  "What if can not physically get to immigration office??"

Edited by Larry_in_Bangkok

Just now, Larry_in_Bangkok said:

Aye, and there's the rub, Pinetree ... finding an agent.

Lots of posts here asking for referrals to a reliable agent.  But helpful replies are scarce.

So, the questions remains:  "What if can not physically get to immigration office??"

and the answer remains the same, get an agent.  There are more good ones than bad ones and plenty have been recommended on here in the past. 'Key Visa' in Pattaya provides a Nationwide service. Check out their website. 

16 hours ago, Larry_50 said:

To do the annual retirement extension, what if I can't walk into the Immigration office.  Can't even use wheel chair, because confined to bed at home.

The TM7 clearly states;
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

Anyone can submit the application on your behalf if you're handicapped and unable to walk.
I assume you're married or have a carer to assist that can help.
Your bigger problem, if you're bedridden, is obtaining the required documents from your bank.

I've been submitting extension application for folks with disabilities for a number of years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ramac said:

The TM7 clearly states;
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

Anyone can submit the application on your behalf if you're handicapped and unable to walk.
I assume you're married or have a carer to assist that can help.
Your bigger problem, if you're bedridden, is obtaining the required documents from your bank.

I've been submitting extension application for folks with disabilities for a number of years.

Ah, finally, someone who really understands the problem.

Thank you, @Ramac for posting your comments.

I'll send a PM to you now.

11 hours ago, Pinetree said:

'Key Visa' in Pattaya provides a Nationwide service. Check out their website. 

On the recommendation of @Pinetree I sent email to 'Key Visa' in Pattaya.

Their reply was quick and courteous, but not convincing at all:

We may be able to do it without your presence at Chonburi immigration but you will need a Drs letter today you are bedridden.
Kindest regards
The Key Visa Team

And now I'll explain why I won't be using 'Key Visa' and am still searching for a visa agent.

1. My initial email clearly stated I am in Bangkok.  Their reply ignored that and mentioned Chonburi.
2. They did not refer to the essential bank account letter, which @Ramac mentioned above.
3. There was nothing helpful, such as explaining the requirement for a Doctor's letter.
4. They did not say they'd ever done this before.  Their reply implied they had not.
5. Reply was from a "team".  Sounds sophisticated, but I want a real person, with a real name.

Still searching ...

22 hours ago, Larry_50 said:

What sort of life is that ?

How Did You get into this State ?

What did you do to prevent this State ? 
Why do you burden your family or carers like this ?

They are reasonably waiting to inherit your wealth ? 

Are You Reading & Videoing all day ? 
I’m Obsessive about Maintaining Health -Mobility- Mental Acuity -Life - Wealth ?

Why weren’t you ?
Accident Perhaps ? That I can Understand……

5 hours ago, Larry_in_Bangkok said:

On the recommendation of @Pinetree I sent email to 'Key Visa' in Pattaya.

Their reply was quick and courteous, but not convincing at all:

We may be able to do it without your presence at Chonburi immigration but you will need a Drs letter today you are bedridden.
Kindest regards
The Key Visa Team

And now I'll explain why I won't be using 'Key Visa' and am still searching for a visa agent.

1. My initial email clearly stated I am in Bangkok.  Their reply ignored that and mentioned Chonburi.
2. They did not refer to the essential bank account letter, which @Ramac mentioned above.
3. There was nothing helpful, such as explaining the requirement for a Doctor's letter.
4. They did not say they'd ever done this before.  Their reply implied they had not.
5. Reply was from a "team".  Sounds sophisticated, but I want a real person, with a real name.

Still searching ...

I have no dog in this fight, but my two pennies are these points.  Key is indeed a team, but run by Darren's Widow, who now runs the team, and probably always did. Darren, who hundreds knew and admired in this area,  sadly died some 2 years back. after over 20 years running that well respected agency.  Without seeing your e mail to her, she clearly knows that you are not in Pattaya,  but she states that it can be done, so long as a Doctor says you can't travel, which mate, was on your initial post, so don't blame her for stating the obvious. A bank letter is not always required, she knows, you don't.  Her cost would be circa 17,000 Baht.

Good luck looking for your agent, but I think an attitude change from you may aid your search and maybe stop you finding a wrong un, which Key Visa certainly is not.   The lesson here, don't waste the time of others, in asking for advice if you are not serious about the replies. 

• Like 1

Just reading this topic Larry like Pinetree suggested an Agent would be your best bet like Pinetree I live in the Pattaya area so I don't know any Visa Agents in the Bangkok area.

But just to try and help you out you state you're bedridden? are you an outpatient of one of the Bangkok Hospitals? If so getting a medical certificate from them would be a first step you should be able to do this via phone or email.

Secondly with a medical certificate an Agent will be able to complete your extention of stay on your behalf at Bangkok Immigration. 

Your next move is to find an English speaking agent in Bangkok you've probably already Googled a few so email them and see if they can facilitate you.

Another question do you live alone or do you have a Thai Partner? If so get them to call or email Bangkok Immigration to explain the procedure and you can start your extension 30 day prior to your current one expiring. 

Probably a very stressful and frustrating time for you right now Larry but hopefully you recover soon and I'm sure there's posters on this Forum from the Bangkok area who know or use an Agent they can recommend. 

Head up Larry Bud get well soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I have no dog in this fight, but my two pennies are these points.  Key is indeed a team, but run by Darren's Widow, who now runs the team, and probably always did. Darren, who hundreds knew and admired in this area,  sadly died some 2 years back. after over 20 years running that well respected agency.  Without seeing your e mail to her, she clearly knows that you are not in Pattaya,  but she states that it can be done, so long as a Doctor says you can't travel, which mate, was on your initial post, so don't blame her for stating the obvious. A bank letter is not always required, she knows, you don't.  Her cost would be circa 17,000 Baht.

Good luck looking for your agent, but I think an attitude change from you may aid your search and maybe stop you finding a wrong un, which Key Visa certainly is not.   The lesson here, don't waste the time of others, in asking for advice if you are not serious about the replies. 

I dealt with the late Darren McGarry and Key Visa in my first few years here after I retired from The Army for a couple of visa issues and a British Passport renewal outstanding service Darren was a true Gentleman and a subject matter expert at his job (gone to soon) definitely the most reputation Visa Company in Pattaya. 

• Like 1