Why We Have 90 Day Reports

Just watch this short video from the UK and then see why Thailand has TM30s and 90 Day Reports.  Which country has got it right? No argument that its Thailand. 

• Like 3

Not Really. High Quality People Heavily & Legally Invested in Thailand Generally Hold Long Stay Visas requiring unnecessary 90 Day Reports for unnecessary  Immigration Control of the Wrong People. It’s BS.

Meanwhile, criminals from shytehole countries can enter Visa On Arrival.

Uncontrolled with many Overstays. Because only Money Matters.
How else to explain Russia special status here? Or Nigeria VOA ? 

• Like 1

Indeed.  Anyone who supports strict immigration crack downs in their home country - UK and USA for instance - should offer full throated support for Thailand's immigration protocols.

People must be controlled.  Moses sussed that out and came up with a brilliant idea to control the yobs.  Comply, or ye shall be banished to Buriram for eternity.    

tencommandmentscover.0.webp.f289b5542e33dc90dc25c0a0d00146a6.webp

Thailand can get away with abuses and disregard for refugee claimants. Countries like UK are held to a higher duty of care. It is the double standard and hypocrisy of today's world. Passengers on Thai airline flights would not think of disrupting a flight deporting a farang. In the UK,  people will actually disrupt a flight so that a convicted violent sexual offender is not deported. 

• Like 3

I know I'm stirring the hornets nest saying this but reporting via the internet takes me 5 minutes and its only 3 times a year. I'm happy to pay that price to carrying on living here compared with going back to the UK. Sorry it's not that big of a deal to everyone. 

• Like 3

Just a note on 90 day reports I did mine during the week at Chonburi Immigration The Staff were making everyone fill out a TM47 and produce 2 x photocopies biometric page and visa stamp like it was their first report even though I've not left Thailand in over six years. 

I  asked the girl on the desk why she said new law Mister.

Extra 20 minutes on my normal time there but a small price to pay.

50 minutes ago, Vigo said:

Thailand can get away with abuses and disregard for refugee claimants. Countries like UK are held to a higher duty of care. It is the double standard and hypocrisy of today's world. Passengers on Thai airline flights would not think of disrupting a flight deporting a farang. In the UK,  people will actually disrupt a flight so that a convicted violent sexual offender is not deported. 

And still no reports if Hannah Gaffey is going to face criminal charges for that stunt double standard of Policing. 

1 hour ago, gazmo16 said:

I know I'm stirring the hornets nest saying this but reporting via the internet takes me 5 minutes and its only 3 times a year. I'm happy to pay that price to carrying on living here compared with going back to the UK. Sorry it's not that big of a deal to everyone. 

I agree.  I have never been sure what the problem is for some people. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Just a note on 90 day reports I did mine during the week at Chonburi Immigration The Staff were making everyone fill out a TM47 and produce 2 x photocopies biometric page and visa stamp like it was their first report even though I've not left Thailand in over six years. 

I  asked the girl on the desk why she said new law Mister.

Extra 20 minutes on my normal time there but a small price to pay.

Because they want to force everyone online, a good idea in my book . 

My only worry with on line is when it crashes ,which to be honest it does same as the TM 47 . Thai web reporting is a hit and miss affair . To be safe I always submit mine the day I get the email reminder so if it fails there  is time ti visit ( yes I know I'm sad  and OCD ). 

On 11/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, oldschooler said:

Not Really. High Quality People Heavily & Legally Invested in Thailand Generally Hold Long Stay Visas requiring unnecessary 90 Day Reports for unnecessary  Immigration Control of the Wrong People. It’s BS.

Meanwhile, criminals from shytehole countries can enter Visa On Arrival.

Uncontrolled with many Overstays. Because only Money Matters.
How else to explain Russia special status here? Or Nigeria VOA ? 

"High Quality" people?  We suppose you mean other than us long-term residents on 'Retirement Visas' who contribute to their respective communities through their savings etc.

90 day reporting is a 'piece of piss' as y'all call it due to the wonders of the internet.

7 hours ago, Boonmee said:

"High Quality" people?  We suppose you mean other than us long-term residents on 'Retirement Visas' who contribute to their respective communities through their savings etc.

90 day reporting is a 'piece of piss' as y'all call it due to the wonders of the internet.

You suppose Wrong. And you clearly haven’t processed my clear post at all.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:19 AM, TWS60 said:

Indeed.  Anyone who supports strict immigration crack downs in their home country - UK and USA for instance - should offer full throated support for Thailand's immigration protocols.

People must be controlled.  Moses sussed that out and came up with a brilliant idea to control the yobs.  Comply, or ye shall be banished to Buriram for eternity.    

tencommandmentscover.0.webp.f289b5542e33dc90dc25c0a0d00146a6.webp

Er… No. Thailand immigration protocols include admitting, without visa, criminal Russians, Nigerians, Albanians, Arab “ French”, etc. ….. whilst “ controlling” long stay visa holders heavily & positively invested in Thailand ……which is clearly admin type bs with purpose of bureaucratic employment.

10 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

They let the French In?  Well I didn't know that when I came here. 😆

Surprised you are so unaware ……I identified the main criminal groups allowed in to Thailand without control and without sufficient targeted deportation when crimes committed in Thailand. For example the criminal North African “French” congregate in certain few sois in Patong, openly dealing drugs,  riding large motorbikes dangerously, being generally anti- social & obnoxious. Detested by All. 

Yet nothing is done, perhaps as they are a major income source for the local brown shirts…….. and yet Immigration choose to “ control” the law abiding long stay visa holders with the absurd 90 Day Reporting….for which I used to pay my agent 500 baht…… so little “control” with that either…….TIT …..