Bang Sue walk-in vaccinations for elderly expats to end Saturday

Thaiger

Walk-in vaccination services for elderly expats at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station is ending on Saturday. The government is preparing to roll out the next phase in its Covid-19 immunisation plan. Starting Sunday, August 1, registration in Bangkok will open up to those 18 and older, but there will be no walk-in services. Until Saturday, foreign residents who are 75 and older can walk into the Bang Sue station from 9am to 4pm for same-day service to receive their first dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine. The free inoculation services are offered to elderly expats from Bangkok as well as […]

The post Bang Sue walk-in vaccinations for elderly expats to end Saturday appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Again there are foreigners in every corner of Thailand. Most foreigners have waited patiently but patients runs out I am in Trang and yesterday at the end of the Thai language breifing they requested Foriegners in Trang contact there embassy with details and medical conditions and address in Trang to possibly get a Phizzer vaccine donated by America. I sent a email off to my embassy to get a reply we Au******* are not providing vaccines fill out the Google form online if we hear of anything we will contact you. I clearly put in message heading seeking help to get a Vaccine in Trang and included everything the Govenor requested including could they assist by submitting my details to the Thai Health department. Along with this is to be in with a shot of a American donated Phizzer vaccine. 

As in Trang we have been informed it is Jab 1 sinovac and Jab 2 AstraZeneca no 2 jabs of AstraZeneca. As it is impossible to get any assistance from my Home country or Embassy. What is our choices mine is to wait to end hope I make it and maybe  2 AstraZeneca will be offered again in future I am happy to pay or hopefully they allow Novavac when they finally get act together and data is released reviewed and accepted.

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul announced today that registration will open for those 18 and up on Sunday, August 1.

Well, that little change in rollout priorities was slipped in quietly, and according to Thai PBS (the official source) it looks like that's Bangkok only. 

Again.

Only three weeks ago, 6 July, he announced that the new plan was to vaccinate priority cases first  nationwide,  so over 60's and those with medical conditions first: first in Bangkok, by mid-July; then in the surrounding provinces by the end of July; then nationwide by the end of August.

Then, once that was complete nationwide, registrations and vaccinations would be open to everyone.

Now it seems clear that 18 year olds in Bangkok are to be vaccinated before 80 year olds in the provinces.

Two countries, again.

Thais in the provinces evidently see little to celebrate, as for the first time I've noticed that this year there are no flags and bunting being hung out here, even outside government offices. Maybe it's part of the Covid restrictions, to put people off partying, though.

4 hours ago, TrangGreg said:

Again there are foreigners in every corner of Thailand. Most foreigners have waited patiently but patients runs out I am in Trang and yesterday at the end of the Thai language breifing they requested Foriegners in Trang contact there embassy with details and medical conditions and address in Trang to possibly get a Phizzer vaccine donated by America. I sent a email off to my embassy to get a reply we Au******* are not providing vaccines fill out the Google form online if we hear of anything we will contact you. I clearly put in message heading seeking help to get a Vaccine in Trang and included everything the Govenor requested including could they assist by submitting my details to the Thai Health department. Along with this is to be in with a shot of a American donated Phizzer vaccine. 

As in Trang we have been informed it is Jab 1 sinovac and Jab 2 AstraZeneca no 2 jabs of AstraZeneca. As it is impossible to get any assistance from my Home country or Embassy. What is our choices mine is to wait to end hope I make it and maybe  2 AstraZeneca will be offered again in future I am happy to pay or hopefully they allow Novavac when they finally get act together and data is released reviewed and accepted.

There are Thais in every corner of Thailand too, @TrangGreg, and they're treated no better.  I know that doesn't excuse anything or make things any better for you, but I'm just trying to put it in perspective.

See my comment above - according to that announcement, an 18 year old in Bangkok will be able to register and be vaccinated before an 80 year old in the provinces.

Thai or farang, it makes no difference.

In my province, no-one's been able to register for nearly two months - Thai or farang - and they took down the tentage for the vaccine distribution centre at the local hospital last month.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Well, that little change in rollout priorities was slipped in quietly, and according to Thai PBS (the official source) it looks like that's Bangkok only. 

Again.

Only three weeks ago, 6 July, he announced that the new plan was to vaccinate priority cases first  nationwide,  so over 60's and those with medical conditions first: first in Bangkok, by mid-July; then in the surrounding provinces by the end of July; then nationwide by the end of August.

Then, once that was complete nationwide, registrations and vaccinations would be open to everyone.

Now it seems clear that 18 year olds in Bangkok are to be vaccinated before 80 year olds in the provinces.

Two countries, again.

Thais in the provinces evidently see little to celebrate, as for the first time I've noticed that this year there are no flags and bunting being hung out here, even outside government offices. Maybe it's part of the Covid restrictions, to put people off partying, though.

Many in the provinces have been vaccinated......including Farangs.

Here is a remedy for ferangs who they promised to vaccinate but do not.

Send a message to the governors and officials, plus the government MPs, That although the Thais will not give you a vaccination, despite many forms completed and appointments kept, you still think that the governors, officials, and government MPs are doing a good job.

So much so that any chance you have, you will rush forward and give the Governors, officials and governors a a big hug and a long lingering kiss on the lips.

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Many in the provinces have been vaccinated......including Farangs.

Sorry, @Chaimai, but that's factually incorrect.

OK, I'm understating it, as it 's very, very wrong and very, very easily verifiable as such.

According to Our World in Data, as at 5 days ago, out of a population including migrant workers and expats of around 70 million, 3.63 million in Thailand have been fully vaccinated.

Officially that's 5.2%.

5.2% country-wide isn't "many" by any recognised definition of "many".

According to the Bangkok Post and other sources, of the last 10million doses a minimum of 2.5 million were for Bangkok.

The neighbouring provinces of Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, and Pathum Thani had 600,000 between them, with Phuket getting an additional 200,000.

Next were 23 provinces getting 2.5 million doses between them: Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Tak, Nong Khai, Sa Kaeo, Ranong, Narathiwat, Yala, Pattani, Songkhla, Trang, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Nakhin Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chantahburi, Buri Ram, Surat Thani, Phangnga and Krabi.

One million were for government organisations, in response to further outbreaks, and for central inoculation stations in Bangkok.

That left a maximum of 3.2 million doses for the remaining 49 provinces, or roughly 65,000 doses each.

Of course some provinces have a smaller population than others (the smallest are a tenth of the biggest), but the idea that "many in the provinces have been vaccinated" simply doesn't hold up - particularly as that was "the plan" and there were less than ten million doses and the 49 provinces were the ones that lost out.

I'm not banging the drum for or against farangs, as I think farangs have been covered reasonably equally one way or another, but in at least one province none have been able to register at all - the same day registration was opened to farangs, it was closed to everyone as the province had insufficient vaccines for those already registered.

"Many" ?  I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think so.

3 hours ago, Stonker said:

Sorry, @Chaimai, but that's factually incorrect.

OK, I'm understating it, as it 's very, very wrong and very, very easily verifiable as such.

According to Our World in Data, as at 5 days ago, out of a population including migrant workers and expats of around 70 million, 3.63 million in Thailand have been fully vaccinated.

Officially that's 5.2%.

5.2% country-wide isn't "many" by any recognised definition of "many".

According to the Bangkok Post and other sources, of the last 10million doses a minimum of 2.5 million were for Bangkok.

The neighbouring provinces of Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, and Pathum Thani had 600,000 between them, with Phuket getting an additional 200,000.

Next were 23 provinces getting 2.5 million doses between them: Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Tak, Nong Khai, Sa Kaeo, Ranong, Narathiwat, Yala, Pattani, Songkhla, Trang, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Nakhin Pathom, Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Rayong, Chantahburi, Buri Ram, Surat Thani, Phangnga and Krabi.

One million were for government organisations, in response to further outbreaks, and for central inoculation stations in Bangkok.

That left a maximum of 3.2 million doses for the remaining 49 provinces, or roughly 65,000 doses each.

Of course some provinces have a smaller population than others (the smallest are a tenth of the biggest), but the idea that "many in the provinces have been vaccinated" simply doesn't hold up - particularly as that was "the plan" and there were less than ten million doses and the 49 provinces were the ones that lost out.

I'm not banging the drum for or against farangs, as I think farangs have been covered reasonably equally one way or another, but in at least one province none have been able to register at all - the same day registration was opened to farangs, it was closed to everyone as the province had insufficient vaccines for those already registered.

"Many" ?  I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I don't think so.

"Many people that I know" is the best that I can offer.

That is based on contacts in Surin and Buriram. In the latter case there were thousands of walk ins...... including, at that time, people driving up from Bangkok.

I fully accept that other provinces are different - Chonburi has been a nightmare.

Your post referred to "Bangkok only", I was simply pointing out that was not true.....my statement is factually corrected (although for accuracy I should have said "many of the people I know in Buriram and Surin...."

2 hours ago, Chaimai said:

That is based on contacts in Surin and Buriram. In the latter case there were thousands of walk ins...... including, at that time, people driving up from Bangkok.

I fully accept that other provinces are different - Chonburi has been a nightmare.

Your post referred to "Bangkok only", I was simply pointing out that was not true.....my statement is factually corrected (although for accuracy I should have said "many of the people I know in Buriram and Surin...."

Maybe in Buriram, but certainly not here, vaccines here are as scarce as rocking horse s##t.

Remember all teachers will be vaccinated before  schools reopen on 14 th of june, well teachers here are still waiting, a damned disgrace.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Maybe in Buriram, but certainly not here, vaccines here are as scarce as rocking horse s##t.

Remember all teachers will be vaccinated before  schools reopen on 14 th of june, well teachers here are still waiting, a damned disgrace.

Same in Udon and even those so called "frontline" heath workers and by that I am referring to all the staff in our local community hospital where as of Sunday anyway no one had been vaccinated nor had they been advised of when they might be. And that came from the horses mouth. Well not quite true as there are no horses working there just damn fine people who deserve more  attention.

15 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Buriram was accorded a special status, as I understand it, based on it's contribution to tourism which included the Moto GP. That has been cancelled and the status downgraded. I still suspect that the big man there had some influence.

The vaccine rollout programme has been a shambles but I believe that the authorities thought they had Covid cracked before the hiso's went shagging around Thonglor - and the Delta variant got hold.

Whilst I can understand the focus on Bangkok, the at risk people should still have been prioritised in ALL provinces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Same in Udon and even those so called "frontline" heath workers and by that I am referring to all the staff in our local community hospital where as of Sunday anyway no one had been vaccinated nor had they been advised of when they might be. And that came from the horses mouth. Well not quite true as there are no horses working there just damn fine people who deserve more  attention.

Sadly, not only in your local hospital, @gummy.

As reported in the media, including here, one local hospital had to close as the staff had caught Covid from a patient - none of the staff had been vaccinated.

As one poster here pointed out, his 24 year old (Thai) cousin working as a dancer at Phantasea in Phuket had been fully vaccinated but his two (Thai) sister-in-laws in their 70's hadn't.

It's an appalling confirmation of one country but two systems.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

A "damned disgrace" it is.

Teachers on Phuket, including farangs, were among the first to be vaccinated (as reported) even when schools were closed.  Elsewhere, many are "still waiting".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

Again.

Two countries, again.

You do know that Bangkok is almost a black zone, right? They will get the priority because right now Bangkok's Covid needs to be under control. 

5 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Sorry, @Chaimai, I don't want to be argumentative but I think establishing the facts here is important and your tap-dancing just doesn't cut it and blurs the reality even more than your previous comment.

I obviously can't comment on who you know, but that is still wildly misleading.

People from Surin simply went to Buri Ram, the neighbouring province, to be vaccinated which they were able to do as Buri Ram had more doses at the time than they needed despite making vaccination mandatory.

Buri Ram was never granted "special status" which was later "downgraded".  Buri Ram is simply the heartland of the Bhumjaithai party, controlled by Newin Chidchob, and Anutin (the Health Minister) is party leader and was responsible for vaccine allocation.  The tenuous justification of tourism came after the vaccines had been distributed, and tourism in Buri Ram is minimal.

It's not that "other provinces are different". 

The only province given that many doses was Buri Ram - even Phuket has never had that many doses, and neither has Bangkok even now.

Chonburi has been no more of a "nightmare" than any other province - in some ways a lot less so as the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital was the only hospital outside Bangkok to be listed on the nationwide app for registration, so those in Chonburi (Thai or farang) as well as Bangkok were able to register while nobody else was.

A number of the entitled farangs in Pattaya also broke the law by going to Bangkok to be vaccinated, lying about their address and breaking travel restrictions - hardly something to boast about or be proud of or which is likely to endear farangs to Thais, as they took vaccines away from those who were entitled to them.

6 hours ago, Chaimai said:

No, totally untrue.

My post referred to "Bangkok only" because the change is for Bangkok only.

Your post was completely incorrect - end of story.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

You do know that Bangkok is almost a black zone, right? They will get the priority because right now Bangkok's Covid needs to be under control. 

No, I don't know that because Thailand doesn't have "black zones".  There is no such category.

Vaccinating 18 year olds before the old and vulnerable is unjustifiable, whatever the reason - and given the medical reality of current used vaccine efficacy on transmission it would also be ineffective.

i know women in dozens of towns and cities in Thailand and so far the only one that has been vaccinated is from Samui. Just a non scientific random sampling of the population. 

also i have yet to hear anyone say they have covid or know anyone who does outside of Bangkok.

again a non scientific random sampling of the female population age 18-34 with a very low fat to body weight ratio. some of the participants may have slightly impaired immune systems due to breast augmentation.   

Edited by NCC1701A

10 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No, I don't know that because Thailand doesn't have "black zones".  There is no such category.

Vaccinating 18 year olds before the old and vulnerable is unjustifiable, whatever the reason - and given the medical reality of current used vaccine efficacy on transmission it would also be ineffective.

Ok, I meant dark red, I was exaggerating there? but you know what I mean. 

That said, first they concentrated only on Phuket and Koh Samui because they wanted to reopen it. They just choose the places where Covid is the worst and take care of those places first. And they first took care of the elderly, now it's the younger people's turn. 

While older people are more vulnerable, younger people seem to spread it faster as they go out more often. They want to stop the spread, so it's necessary for everyone to get vaccinated.

And it's not that they don't allow any older person to get a vaccine anymore. They still can get it, only first in BKK

Soon they will go to other provinces too and do it the same way, I guess. 

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

also i have yet to hear anyone say they have covid or know anyone who does outside of Bangkok.

Known cases in my province are doubling every couple of days, and four died yesterday.

Numbers-wise, that's on a par with Bangkok.

No vaccines for a month, and no registrations for nearly two.

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not sure if you're deaf or blind, then!

Known cases in my province are doubling every couple of days, and four died yesterday.

Numbers-wise, that's on a par with Bangkok.

No vaccines for a month, and no registrations for nearly two.

i was talking about people that i actually know. so far no one. 

48 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

And they first took care of the elderly, now it's the younger people's turn. 

Well, yes ... if you're in Bangkok!

Why is it "the younger people's turn" in Bangkok, when they haven't taken care of "the elderly" elsewhere?

Don't they count?

39 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

While older people are more vulnerable, younger people seem to spread it faster as they go out more often. They want to stop the spread, so it's necessary for everyone to get vaccinated.

Unless they're in the provinces, presumably! 

41 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

And it's not that they don't allow any older person to get a vaccine anymore. They still can get it, only first in BKK

Umm ... well ... if an "older person" in the provinces can't get a vaccine anymore because they're being given to those who don't need them in Bangkok then ... well ... they can't get a vaccine anymore!

46 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Soon they will go to other provinces too and do it the same way, I guess

Soon? 

Really?

With what?