Jump to content

Tuesday Covid Update: 14,150 new cases and 118 deaths


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported 14,150 cases and 118 coronavirus-related deaths. In the latest and most severe wave in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded 497,965 Covid-19 cases. Out of the new cases, 245 cases were found in correctional facilities. Over the past several months, more than 40,000 inmates have been infected with Covid-19. The Department of Corrections continues to rollout mass testing at prisons to quickly detect infections and contain the virus. More information will be released this afternoon. Other updates… The Covid-19 infection rate in Bangkok, the epicentre in the latest […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 14,150 new cases and 118 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe it dropped a bit because yesterday was  holiday and we all know that weekend figures general are on the low side. Guess figures released tomorrow which will be todays totals in theory will be a better indicator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How long will they keep up this insanity.

Testing with a PCR test which does not and cannot define which SARS a person may  tested positive for.

Also the testing processing has been deemed by it's maker as not be used for such testing.

Let alone what they call covid 19 which has never been isolated so how can you test for something that has not been isolated.

It's like being in a mad movie.

The aim seems to run the kingdom into the ground. And be able to activate the financial reset.

So sad the greed of the few are killing the many.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ozz1 said:

testing less people will bring the numbers down thai logic

The numbers in the U.K. have fallen 40% in the past week and most people seem baffled as to why. Even the government can’t believe what they are seeing and are still urging caution.
 

While watching the news I saw some Professor guy explain why this could be. He said the most likely reason is that in the past week, test rates have fallen from around 1 million (yes 1 million) per day, to around 400,000. He went on to say; and this is the point where my eyes widened, that it is a good thing to do as before “The U.K. was over diagnosing”!  That’s an interesting term. “Over diagnosing”. So it seems the statistical magic is being played out everywhere. Having said that, 400,000 is a hell of a lot of daily tests and so 24,000 a day still seems a good number. I’d also add, only 7 deaths (though that is a weekend reporting number). That’s about the same as die on the roads each day in the U.K. In December 2020 before vaccination started, 24,000 cases per day resulted in approximately 500 deaths per day. Clear real world evidence that vaccination works. 

Edited by Soidog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People are waiting for vaccination ! They do not respect the safety distance.

This is going to be a cluster ! It's crazy !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Remi said:

Combien de temps vont-ils garder cette folie.

Test avec un test PCR qui ne définit pas et ne peut pas définir pour quel SRAS une personne peut être testée positive.

De plus, le traitement des tests a été considéré par son fabricant comme ne pas être utilisé pour de tels tests.

Sans parler de ce qu'ils appellent covid 19 qui n'a jamais été isolé, alors comment pouvez-vous tester quelque chose qui n'a pas été isolé.

C'est comme être dans un film fou.

L'objectif semble exécuter le royaume dans le sol. Et pouvoir activer la réinitialisation financière.

Tellement triste que la cupidité de quelques-uns tue le plus grand nombre.

PCR tests are very specific, they can tell which variant infected the person.

You don't know anything about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good data here from UK and very good news. Delta virus is a lot tamer than Alpha.

Alpha: 226,177 cases, 4,265 deaths

Delta: 229,302 cases, 461 deaths. Only 45 under 50!

It seems a bit more people with 2 shots died of delta than among the unvaccinated :)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1005517/Technical_Briefing_19.pdf

 

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does not matter or the numbers are lower today, tomorrow they go up and more up and more up until we reach 20,000 and 30,000. People vaccinated in bangkok and it does not help a shit,  what happens is all other provinces are getting more worse because they not doing anything about the rest of thailand and people travel from Bangkok to other provinces, plain stupid to vaccinate people in bangkok, should be the last place to vaccinate, first do the rest of the country.. people in other provinces most likely stay where they are, in bangkok nobody stays. All passing and all get infected simple as that and they bring it home... Thailand IQ -100000000

Edited by Paco
LIKE ALWAYS...555
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Paco said:

It does not matter or the numbers are lower today, tomorrow they go up and more up and more up until we reach 20,000 and 30,000. People vaccinated in bangkok and it does not help a shit,  what happens is all other provinces are getting more worse because they not doing anything about the rest of thailand and people travel from Bangkok to other provinces, plain stupid to vaccinate people in bangkok, should be the last place to vaccinate, first do the rest of the country.. people in other provinces most likely stay where they are, in bangkok nobody stays. All passing and all get infected simple as that and they bring it home... Thailand IQ -100000000

 

Not only that but let's organise special Covid Express trains to make all the provinces get to have the same experience.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Not only that but let's organise special Covid Express trains to make all the provinces get to have the same experience.

Wasnt that train cancelled?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grateful to Thiager and @CaitlinAshworth for reporting on the daily provincial case numbers. We are contemplating a trip to Koh Samui under the Plus program. I see that the latest update shows 49 new cases in Surat Thani. Does anyone know the case numbers for Koh Samui alone? Would be great if someone could provide a link (even if in Thai language) that I could use to monitor the situation on Koh Samui. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

Wasnt that train cancelled?

The first train was cancelled but they ran another one the next day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mlondon said:

Grateful to Thiager and @CaitlinAshworth for reporting on the daily provincial case numbers. We are contemplating a trip to Koh Samui under the Plus program. I see that the latest update shows 49 new cases in Surat Thani. Does anyone know the case numbers for Koh Samui alone? Would be great if someone could provide a link (even if in Thai language) that I could use to monitor the situation on Koh Samui. Thank you.

If you want to come to Samui you’ll have to be double vaccinated already so why would you worry about a handful of cases on the island? Or don’t you believe in the efficacy of vaccines? However, if do want to come in the middle of the rainy season (and believe me it can rain for days on end in Samui)  and subject yourself to 3 PCR tests - and that’s AFTER you arrive - then that’s your choice. Being vaccinated doesn’t guarantee a negative test and if you do test positive you’ll be incarcerated on a hospital bed for the next 14 days at your expense. Expect about 50,000 baht and good luck with that. Oh, and most of Samui is closed anyway. Still, the choice is yours…!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Remi said:

How long will they keep up this insanity.

Testing with a PCR test which does not and cannot define which SARS a person may  tested positive for.

Also the testing processing has been deemed by it's maker as not be used for such testing.

Let alone what they call covid 19 which has never been isolated so how can you test for something that has not been isolated.

It's like being in a mad movie.

The aim seems to run the kingdom into the ground. And be able to activate the financial reset.

So sad the greed of the few are killing the many.

You are correct and let me add the following in regards to the testing concern you mention

In addition to PCR testing being fundamentally flawed for testing, there is serious concern about the cycle threshold (CT) that was chosen

The CT chosen was 40, which was so sensitive as  to make it useless.

A CT of 40 is like triggering positive for a human being in a room, when all that is present is a single strand of hair,

False positive is the most likely  explanation for so called  asymptomatic infections, which are the vast majority of positive test results.

How can thousands test positive, yet 90pc should no symptoms?

Again, no one is saying that there is not a disease, simply that it is being blown out of all proportion



PS: Fun fact, Bumrumgrad hospital now set PCR test CT at 20. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting that the UK reported 23,511 cases yesterday which is about 65% more than Thailand’s numbers. Yet the Thai government is panicking and considering what more level of restrictions they can add to make Thai people’s lives ever more miserable whilst the UK government is not concerned about their numbers and have completely opened up the country. The difference of course is that that the UK has one one of the highest vaccinated populations in the world. Vaccination does NOT stop people coming into contact with Covid-19 and testing positive but it DOES hugely reduce the possibility of serious illness and death.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 3:39 PM, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

It seems a bit more people with 2 shots died of delta than among the unvaccinated :)

That was a bit of a morbid gloat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 11:00 AM, Leeshard said:

Interesting that the UK reported 23,511 cases yesterday which is about 65% more than Thailand’s numbers. Yet the Thai government is panicking and considering what more level of restrictions they can add to make Thai people’s lives ever more miserable whilst the UK government is not concerned about their numbers and have completely opened up the country. The difference of course is that that the UK has one one of the highest vaccinated populations in the world. Vaccination does NOT stop people coming into contact with Covid-19 and testing positive but it DOES hugely reduce the possibility of serious illness and death.  

So this strenghtened immunity long term?  I would think the need for boosters would indicate otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use